Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG
04-12-2015, 11:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-01-2020, 03:14 PM by EA3GCV.)
IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG
Dear users,

You MUST read this if you are upgrading Swisslog from a previous version which is installed in the Program Files folder, UAC is enabled and you are not running Swisslog with elevated provileges (Run as administrator). If you have Swisslog installed in any other folder, like the default current folder (C:\Swisslog) or any other such C:\Radio\Swisslog, D:\Swisslog etc. ignore this message.

I will explain where is the source of the problem:

With UAC enabled your system is not working with the program folder located in C:\Program Files\Swisslog but a copy located in the VirtualStore folder! These are the real locations in such event:

C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES\SWISSLOG (32 bits editions)
C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\SWISSLOG (64 bits editions) 

If you change any file in C:\Program Files\Swisslog no files are really changed here when running the program! Files are changed in the VirtualStore location!

HOW TO SOLVE THIS BUNDLE DEFINITELY:
  • Make a backup copy of your SWISSLOG database by using the BACKUP function provided in Swisslog. That is: File | Save... then create a backup copy in a pen drive or any other folder
  • Copy all files and subfolders located in the VirtualStore (according the the location whether you are using a 32/64 bits operating system) either in a external device (i.e.: pen drive, external hard disk) or into a temporal folder.
Now you have to decide either install again Swisslog in the Program Files folder (not recommended!) or install it in the default folder C:\Swisslog highly recommended!

If you want to install Swisslog in the current default folder C:\Swisslog perform the following steps:

1. Uninstall current Swisslog version from Add / Quit programs in the Windows Control Panel.
  2. Install current version of Swisslog as a NEW installation in the default folder C:\Swisslog.
  3. Once installed, copy all files and subfolders you copied previously from the VirtualStore into C:\Swisslog.
  4. Mouse right click in the SWISSLV5.INI file, select EDIT and press Ctrl+R to run the Replace function. If you have a 32 bits operating system type C:\Program Files\Swisslog in the Search field. If 64 bits, type  C:\Program Files (x86)\Swisslog. Type C:\Swisslog in the Replace by field field then press the REPLACE ALL button. When finished, press File / Save. Now your configuration field has been fixed to run in the new folder.
  5. Open Swisslog and check if you have all QSOs. If you don't have your QSOs, then go to File | Restore... and restore the backup you performed before.
If you still want to install in the Program Files folder, you MUST follow these steps:

1. Disable UAC. To disable UAC type UAC into the Start menu or Control Panel search box, enter the "User Account Control Settings" option then drag the slider all the way to the bottom (Never notify). Press OK and reboot your computer.
  2. Copy all files and subfolders you copied previously from the VirtualStore into the real program folder. Normally C:\Program Files\Swisslog (or c:\Program Files(x86)\Swisslog in 64 bits operating systems)
  3. Run the installer as ADMINISTRATOR (mouse right click and select Run as administrator).
  4. After finishing the installation, mouse right click on the Swisslog desktop icon, select Properties / Compatiblity and check “Run this program as administrator”.
  5. Open Swisslog and check if you have all QSOs. If you don't have your QSOs, then go to File | Restore... and restore the backup you performed before.
SWISSLOG is now updated correctly. 

There is no need to run Swisslog as administrator UNLESS you are running as administrator any of the associated programs used with Swisslog (i.e: OmniRig, Ham Radio de Luxe, DX Lab commander, MixW, FLDIGI, WSJT-X, etc.) or if you install Swisslog in the C:\Program Files folder.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
23-04-2020, 08:20 AM,
RE: IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG
I was looking to find any you tube videos, however there are none in English that I could find. Any suggestions?
Trying to established a general logging program. Love the fact that you have interfaced CW-Skimmer.
Is there an US version? Is there any interface with N1MM?
Thank you,
73, Alex AK1MD
23-04-2020, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-04-2020, 08:43 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Alex,

Thank you for trying Swisslog! Unfortunately there are no English version of videos. However you have a fully detailed and structure help in 4 languages: English, Spanish, German and French.

Start reading que Quick Start and Setup guide (also available in the Swissog help contents Read this First > Getting Started with Swisslog):

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...isslog.htm

These chapters are mandatory to read: MyQTH, QSO Entry windows, Logbook view. Swisslog is a very fully featured software and you will find nearly all you need! Read the appropiated chapters. If you have any question you can open a thread here or write directly to me to support@swisslogforwindows.com

Swisslog doesn't interface with N1MM but really you don't need it. N1MM it's a contest software and Swisslog it's a logging software. When finishing contest you simply have to export contest QSO into ADIF then import these QSOs into Swisslog, that's all! Swisslog provides a very powerful import function and it's ADIF v3 compliant. When importing into ADIF, you can ignore (press OK) when asked to assign all ADIF APP_applicationname fields to Swisslog fields. However it's important to take a look to the Import QSO chapter to know much more about this powerful and very flexible tool.

Swisslog provides all tools to link to best CW interfaces and nearly all digital mode programs to work on realtime with the best programs such as WSJT-X, FLDIGI, etc. Please read the "Digital modes interfaces" chapter.

Also you have full synch functions for LoTW/eQSL supporting multi callsigns! Once you have configured all, with just 2 mouse clicks Swisslog will do all the synch job for all your callsigns/different locations. Also implements support to all online logbooks such as QRZ, Club Log, HAMQTH, HRDLOG and HAMLOG. Take a look to the following chapters: LoTW/eQSL Support and Online logbooks.

Take a look of all the features and you will discover the power of Swisslog!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
23-04-2020, 09:48 PM,
(23-04-2020, 08:20 AM)AK1MD Wrote: I was looking to find any you tube videos, however there are none in English that I could find. Any suggestions?
Trying to established a general logging program.  Love the fact that you have interfaced CW-Skimmer.
Is there an US version?  Is there any interface with N1MM?
Thank you,
73, Alex AK1MD

(23-04-2020, 08:39 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Alex,

Thank you for trying Swisslog! Unfortunately there are no English version of videos. However you have a fully detailed and structure help in 4 languages: English, Spanish, German and French.

Start reading que Quick Start and Setup guide (also available in the Swissog help contents Read this First > Getting Started with Swisslog):

These chapters are mandatory to read: MyQTH, QSO Entry windows, Logbook view. Swisslog is a very fully featured software and you will find nearly all you need! Read the appropiated chapters. If you have any question you can open a thread here or write directly to me to support@swisslogforwindows.com

Swisslog doesn't interface with N1MM but really you don't need it. N1MM it's a contest software and Swisslog it's a logging software. When finishing contest you simply have to export contest QSO into ADIF then import these QSOs into Swisslog, that's all! Swisslog provides a very powerful import function and it's ADIF v3 compliant. When importing into ADIF, you can ignore (press OK) when asked to assign all ADIF APP_applicationname fields to Swisslog fields. However it's important to take a look to the Import QSO chapter to know much more about this powerful and very flexible tool.

Swisslog provides all tools to link to best CW interfaces and nearly all digital mode programs to work on realtime with the best programs such as WSJT-X, FLDIGI, etc. Please read the "Digital modes interfaces" chapter.

Also you have full synch functions for LoTW/eQSL supporting multi callsigns! Once you have configured all, with just 2 mouse clicks Swisslog will do all the synch job for all your callsigns/different locations. Also implements support to all online logbooks such as QRZ, Club Log, HAMQTH, HRDLOG and HAMLOG. Take a look to the following chapters: LoTW/eQSL Support and Online logbooks.

Best 73
Thank you very much for the kind reply. I will look closely into Swisslog. 
It looks very intriguing and fun. 
Hope to catch you during the contest this weekend. 
73, Alex AK1MD
01-05-2020, 04:07 AM,
(23-04-2020, 09:48 PM)AK1MD Wrote:
(23-04-2020, 08:20 AM)AK1MD Wrote: I was looking to find any you tube videos, however there are none in English that I could find. Any suggestions?
Trying to established a general logging program.  Love the fact that you have interfaced CW-Skimmer.
Is there an US version?  Is there any interface with N1MM?
Thank you,
73, Alex AK1MD

(23-04-2020, 08:39 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Alex,

Best 73
Thank you very much for the kind reply. I will look closely into Swisslog. 
It looks very intriguing and fun. 
Hope to catch you during the contest this weekend. 
73, Alex AK1MD
01-05-2020, 04:11 AM,
I am trying to connect DX Telnet with Swisslog. Unfortunately in the Active Servers List there is no DX Telnet server listed. Could you please send me the information to plug into the Servers List?
Thank you, Alex AK1MD

Start DXTelnet TCP/IP connection with SWISSLOG

start DXTelnet

in DXTelnet perform the following steps:

select Session ¦ Site List...

in the Site List select Accept-1

switch to SWISSLOG

in SWISSLOG perform the following steps:

open the Telnet Control window (View ¦ Telnet Control Window)

activate the Available Servers Page

from the Active Servers list select the DXTelnet Server and press the Connect button

now SWISSLOG and DXTelnet are connected

You can start as many DXTelnet session you want. The traffic of all DXTelnet sessions is sent to SWISSLOG. But make sure that you not stop the very first DXTelnet instance (Acccept-1), because this is the relay through which information between DXTelnet and SWISSLOG is exchanged.
01-05-2020, 11:56 AM,
Hi Alex,

You don't need to use an external program like Dx-Telnet to receive spots. Use the integrated Telnet support which is very easy to configure:

Please read the Quick Start and Setup guide here:

It's explained in "Setup a DX Cluster Telnet server connection to receive DX spots". You will see is very easy! The integrated Telnet support of Swisslog offers many possibilities so you don't need DX-Telnet at all. I recall I configured it years ago and worked as explained. Probably now you will need to add exceptions to your antivirus and firewall to DX-Telnet as well to avoid it's blocking the communication. But I recommend you to use the Integrated Telnet support.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
01-05-2020, 08:16 PM,
(01-05-2020, 11:56 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Alex,

You don't need to use an external program like Dx-Telnet to receive spots. Use the integrated Telnet support which is very easy to configure:

Please read the Quick Start and Setup guide here:

It's explained in "Setup a DX Cluster Telnet server connection to receive DX spots". You will see is very easy! The integrated Telnet support of Swisslog offers many possibilities so you don't need DX-Telnet at all. I recall I configured it years ago and worked as explained. Probably now you will need to add exceptions to your antivirus and firewall to DX-Telnet as well to avoid it's blocking the communication. But I recommend you to use the Integrated Telnet support.

Best 73

Thank you for the reply. 
I did read all the instructions and I am aware of the Telnet support you are referring to. You are correct it is easy. Nowadays I am most of the time at home because of the pandemic and in the last week I spent quit some time to learn about Swisslog. It is great!! Love it! Several of the features are great. Nevertheless I am having my problems with running it smoothly. I was using in the past HRD and N3FHP ACLog but now I would like to switch to Swisslog. 
I am having lot of crashes and that worries me. Often after I close the program voluntary or involuntary I have to reboot the computer to be able to restart Swisslog. There were times but more with the previous version when I had to reload the program. I am not a programmer, but sometimes I had the feeling Swisslog would be overloaded and I would see some of the windows flickering. I thought when I turn off CW Skimmer, Swisslog would calm down, but I would still have to restart the program to work well again.
I was playing with the clusters and I did see your warning about RBNs. Does it mean that a program like the Aggregator cannot be run together with Swisslog?
I love CWSkimmer. It gives me imminently information of the stations my antenna can hear and decodes the callsigns before they show up on a cluster. Integrating CWS with Swisslog was a great idea. I was asking Scott N3FJP and Alex VE3NEA to do this with other programs in the past before I knew about Swisslog, but was not successful. I wish Tom N1MM would interface it. If you have an idea how one could do it please let me know.
I downloaded SV2AGW and I followed your instructions "Configure Packet Program. I think it is working. I see that SV2AGW is connected to UNpronto. I also connected DXTelnet to Swisslog but found that this was overwhelming the program and it would after a while no work. The WinKeyer would start to stutter. After I discontinued DxTelnet from Swisslog and it seems to do better. However I don't really understand what feeds the DX Messages window.  When I open the Packet Monitor Window is says Disconnected on the top. If I press on the con button  a small window opens up asking for a correct string of the DX Cluster, but it seem it does not matter if there is anything in that field. Sometimes I was not able to open the Packet Monitor Window and it would refer me to SV2AWG that controls it evidently. 

On a other subject I tried to do LOTW and eQSL synchronization. However it completely destroyed my databases. There are now about 3K more QSOs in my LOTW database than I truly have. My QRZ data base which downloads everything from LOTW us now doubled. There must be duplicates, but I cannot figure it out because they don't look like duplicates. Some of the fields are different and some not. How do I know which is correct and which not. The staff at QRZ cannot help. UTC time difference is -5 in Boston but because of summer savings time it is now -4. I saw that Swisslog does not consider it. Regarding my QSO databases I don't know what to do. I was keeping it up regularly but now it looks they are destroyed. LOTW does not delete anything. 

Tahk you, 
73, Alex 
01-05-2020, 09:44 PM,
Hi there

I have a problem when trying the automatic update. The program folder is not the system one; it's a folder on a secondary disk, but mounted on a folder of the main system hdd.

After disable UAC and launch the program, I receive the dialog box with the upgrade notification. I click OK and the program starts downloading the update. After downloaded, the update starts, and notify me that the program will be closed and I should continue the updater program instructions. Click OK and... nothing happens. When starting again the program, ask me again for upgrading.

I tried to follow the step-by-step guide write down in the first message in this post, but the folder C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\SWISSLOG doesn't exist (exactly these folders: \PROGRAM FILES (x86)\SWISSLOG).

Please could you help me?

Thank you
Lucas EA4AW
01-05-2020, 11:07 PM,
Hi Lucas,

Download the full installer from the Download section of the website then install (Swislsog must be closed!). It should be upgraded perfectly.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV