Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions and errors....
13-12-2015, 09:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015, 11:30 PM by in3ikf.)
Questions and errors....
Hola Jordi, hello all om.

Name here is Beppe, callsign in3ikf.

I was for years a proud user of SWL 4, then I updated to the version 5.
Now I'm using the version 5.9d.

I have some questions for You.
Please let me know if is better for You to have my questions in different messages, to answer these separately.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first question:

Sometimes I encounter an error, it lets appear a requester, I then click on "OK" and all is then ok.

I uploaded an image on my homepage.

www.ikf.cc/hosted/swissl.PNG

I have to tell You, I just updated the system with the newest file Swlctry.MDB. Maybe the problem is away??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second question:

Sometimes when I'm quitting the program, an OTHER requester appears, i.e. when the program is just switched off.
TWO Types of requester:

www.ikf.cc/hosted/swissl2.PNG

....and....

www.ikf.cc/hosted/swissl3.PNG

My third question:

During a QSO I received from the corrispondent his DOK (an info german stations are giving, this ist the club).
But when I receive the QSL, sometimes the DOK is different, and I have to correct the input on the log.

This is what I receive when I try to replace the OLD info with the one on the QSL:

www.ikf.cc/hosted/swissl4.PNG

Practically, a new QTH will be created.
But I have NO NEED of a new QTH !!!!

LAST  Angel  question:

I would update teh WAIP-Award with the new created italian Provinces. Once there was a txt-file...... now??
No txt-file has been found. I simply have to delete some old provinces and add the new ones.

Thanks for the attention, all the best and thanks also for Your effort, Jordi, to keep updated ths great program !!!!

Beppe - in3ikf
13-12-2015, 10:20 PM,
RE: Questions and errors....
Hi Beppe,

First of all please upgrade to new version 5.91 which I have performed many important changes which should solve many Violation errors.

But BEFORe upgrading please read carefully this post:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

After following STRICTLY all explained in this post and upgrade to new version you should not receive these errors.

Regarding the DOK, when any award reference is changed in the QSO, Swisslog prompts you to change the "partner" QTH name not yours!! this is normal! In your example you have to answer NO to replace the wrong one with the correct one. There is an option in the ADD QSO entry window to disable this warnings so that Swisslog handle all this for you. You don't have to worry too much about the QTH-Name of the partner station. Version 5.91 corrects an important issue about this so it's important to upgrade to version 5.91 to avoid a violation access error.

About the WAIP award, if you have a new file with current references please send it to me so that I can update the references in the next version.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
30-12-2015, 04:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015, 07:11 PM by in3ikf.)
Hello Jordi,

I updated the program to the last version, following all the hints.

The error You can see here:

www.ikf.cc/dl/err2.PNG

.....is already present each time I try to save an already existing QSO.

And perhaps another small question: how can I let the TRACK of the waves appear on the earth globus, with at the same time the position of the station?
I tryed with the layers, but no solutions...

Thanks for any help!

Best 73s and also many wishes for the new Year 2016

Beppe - in3ikf

PS: What is Your correct email-address? I have two files for You, with the updated list of the italian provinces....
31-12-2015, 03:38 PM,
Hi Beppe,

Please send me your database in ZIP or RAR format to my e-mail: ea3gcv@castelldefels.net.

I don't understand what you mean regarding the map... In the map function you have to press a button to toggle to show signal path between your station and partner station (third button starting from left). But in options of the QSO Entry window you have to check the option "Update world map automatically". I don't know if this is what you wanted to say.

Best 73 and Happy New Year!
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog