Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running admin or ...
21-12-2015, 02:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-12-2015, 02:40 PM by F5RAB.)
running admin or ...
hello,

I aim to update my 5.8 2010 version of swisslog.

I used to save my DBase by just copy/paste way, but I just tried the save function to do it the best way like indicated by EA3GCV in NEW version 5.91 thread.

1) I run Swisslog installed in Program Files (x86) by start\program
   but doing File\save , the program doesn't create the DBSave folder, says it created the .lzh file, but it didn't !
   I have 88303 QSO to save in this file

2) When I run Swisslog by right click on SwisslV5.exe and run as admin, the program reads only 73701 QSO from the same file !!
  But then when I do File\save, it creates the DBSave folder and the .lzh file
  but this .lzh file contains only the 73701 QSO !

So my questions are :
why is there a difference in reading the logs ?
ihow can I save my file with the 88303 QSO in .lzh format ?

73 F5RAB Antoine
22-12-2015, 01:15 AM,
RE: running admin or ...
Hi Antoine:

As I understand you are trying to make a backup copy from version 5.8 before upgrading into 5.91.

The DBSave folder is inside C:\Program Files and protected with system because you didn't install v5.8 by disabling first UAC and secondly install as administrator. Simply select a different folder in the Backup-File section of the Save function which is not inside Program Files. Or better make a backup file in an external Pen Drive or Hard Disk. Make two backups copies.

If you want to make sure you are copying the right database, make also a manual copy of the database (as well as the INI configuration file) you will find in:

C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES(x86)\SWISSLOG.

Once copied, you have to disable UAC, restart and run version 5.91 as administrator. Select Upgrade from 5.2, select your hard drive letter and leave Swisslog searching where version 5.8 is installed. It will take long time because earlier installers of Swisslog were not using the Windows registry to set the installation folder as current installer does (which makes future updates runs really quick). If Swisslog detects another folder different from the one you know version 5.8 is installed, manually select the right folder. After finishing the upgrade process open Swisslog and should appear version 5.91 but with 0 QSO (because now your system is using the Program Files folder and because you installed previous version without disabling UAC nor installing as admin your real working folder was C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES(x86)\SWISSLOG.

Try to restore your previous backup make with the Save function of version 5.8. If you have all QSO then all it's OK!! Otherwise you will have to manually copy the database located in C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES(x86)\SWISSLOG\DB in to C:\Program Files(x86)\Swisslog\DB. Copy too the SWISSLV5.INI from that folder into C:\Program Files(x86)\Swisslog. Now when running Swisslog again your will have all QSO and the same configuration you had in v5.8. From now on you will only have to install all programs as administrator and everything will work perfectly!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
22-12-2015, 09:47 AM,
HI Jordi, thanks for the answer !

I disabled UAC and installed in admin mode.
I started SWL in admin mode
But when reading my logbook it said 73701 QSO !
I erased all other MDB files, I thaught it was reading the V6 MDB log, and put my saved V5 MDB in DB folder.
But still 73701.
I restored from .lzh (the wrong one in DBSave is still showing in the restore window despite I moved it in other folder. so I took my right .lzh and put it in DBSave folder) and now I see my latest QSO,

but at the window's left bottom it says :
Number of QSO's = 0, Number of callsigns = 0, DB = C:\Program Files (x86)\Swisslog\DB\F5RAB LOGBOOK.MDB DB-Version=0505
(after having showed Number of QSO's = 88303 once !)

and at the window's right bottom it says in red:
No. of records: 88303

At the start of the program I had
an info window for QSL managers
an error window for duplicates
an error window couldn't find INF_TABLESLASTUPDATE

May be I did something wrong with the DB files

Have you got an idea what I should do now ?
Reinstall ?

73 F5RAB Antoine
22-12-2015, 10:02 AM,
Hi Antoine,

Did you read my post where I explain all this? After disabling UAC and run as administrator your system is now working properly with the C:\Program Files(x86)\Swisslog folder but BEFORE you disabled UAC your system was reading in this folder:

C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES(x86)\SWISSLOG

Search for this folder in your system and you will find your correct DB (with the 88303 QSO) and the SWISSLV5.INI configuration file. Simply copy the DB to C:\Program Files(x86)\Swisslog\DB and the INI to C:\Program Files(x86)\Swisslog and Swisslog will work as it should be. Don't delete any database you find!! keep a copy until everything is all right!

If you are still in trouble download Teamviewer Quick Support here: http://www.teamviewer.com/link/?url=505374&id=279590622

Send me your ID and password to make a remote connection and see online what you have done wrong. I will be QRV this morning in Skype (user name: jordiqq).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
22-12-2015, 05:22 PM,
Hi Jordi,

yes I red all you wrote, and understood the most of it ! Smile 

I tried different things,

renaming the Swisslog folder in the C:\USERS path so Swisslog wouldn't use it then delete and put my logbook back, but same results, and SWL saying 0 QSOs while showing 73701...

Desinstall the 3 versions of SWL, delete and put back my logbook, same result but counting right the 73701 QSO.

Then dezipped the .lzh and put the logbook in the DB folder
And now all seems good !!! Smile   Smile   Smile 

One of the problems came from my two Swisslog folders in the two paths and I saved the wrong logbook in .MDB !
So everytime I had the wrong file !
Good thing I also saved in .lzh and this one was a good one !!! Smile 

So now I'm going to check how my Carribean countries are considered in this new version.
The new DXCCs in PJ4 5 6 7 were messed up and I couldn't solve the problem.
Hope it will be OK now !

Thank you very much for all your good work with Swisslog Jordi !!
I just came on the forum to see if there was a soft solution to migrate to another program, as exporting in ADI couldn't solve easily all my different home QTHs from different activities.

Have a nice day !

73 F5RAB Antoine
23-12-2015, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-12-2015, 12:25 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Antoine,

Glad to hear that you have solved everything!!

Regarding your DXCC assignments, I have just added a very interesting function to correct all your wrong DXCC assignments in your whole logbook. Go to Tools | Set DXCC from CLublog. It will take long time because you have many QSO but it will check every QSO in your logbook with CLublog which is maybe the best resource for Dxers currently. If there is a mismatch between the DXCC set in your QSO and what Clublog says, DXCC will be set to Clublog. You will see a progress bar and the number of corrections made in your logbook. You can leave this function running in the background while you are working in Swisslog. Or better leave it working by night.

The current country table maintained by Erik, EI4KF is really updated and it's the best country table ever! But because last years we used another country table which was not updated regularly this function will help users to keep your logbook in perfect shape! just keep in mind that it will take many hours to finish a nice and good job!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
24-12-2015, 06:54 AM,
Hello Jordi,

when starting today SWL, window's bottom line tells 0 QSO again !
All QSO seem to be there, last ones are logged, number is OK in red at the bottom line.

Desktop doesn't show at start up, even thaugh I saved it manually and should have done it automaticallly !

73 F5RAB Antoine
24-12-2015, 04:50 PM,
Hi Antoine,

I really think you are not running Swisslog as administrator... pleaase download Teamviewer and send me the Id and password to make a remote connection online. I will be QRV on Skype (or e-mail) until 17UTC

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV