Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error on Swisslog 5.91
06-01-2016, 05:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 05:22 PM by EA1FFO.)
Error on Swisslog 5.91
Al actualizar para la version 5,91 tengo problemas con el (supongo) motor de base datos Microsoft Jet. 
Al abrir el programa me avisa que "El motor de base de datos Microsot Jet no puede encontrar la tabla o consulta de entrada INF_TABLESLASUPDATE..." y cuando meto un indicativo la consulta es INF_LOTWUSERS. ¿Que sucede?.

When upgrading to version 5.91 I have problems with (I assume) database engine Microsoft Jet.
When you open the program tells me that "The database engine Jet Microsot can not find the input table or query INF_TABLESLASUPDATE ..." and when I put the query is indicative INF_LOTWUSERS. What's going on?.

Windows 10 on Macbook PRO without Microsoft Office.

Thanks in advance.
06-01-2016, 06:07 PM,
RE: Error on Swisslog 5.91
Hi,

This is because you have not installed with administrator rights nor disabling UAC. Please read carefully my post:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

Where I explain deeply all this.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
06-01-2016, 09:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 09:23 PM by EA1FFO.)
Hi Jordi,

I have installed with Adm Rights and disabling the UAC., and all previous versions working OK.

Best 73,
07-01-2016, 10:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 05:44 PM by EA1FFO.)
(06-01-2016, 09:23 PM)EA1FFO Wrote: Hi Jordi,

I have installed with Adm Rights and disabling the UAC., and all previous versions working OK.

Best 73,

Solved the problem must be that Jupiter's moon came between Venus and Mars ... Windows oddities.
If you allow me a question... the Swisslog installed on S.O. 64-bit is better to install in "Program Files (x86)" right ?.
If the path is (x86) raises a question:

Swisslog apparently just ask for the installation path when it is run the first time, remembering this information for future installations. I wish I had the opportunity to change that route since I've gone from "Program Files" to "Program Files (x86)" and therefore in the future try to install the program on a wrong path.

Muchisimas gracias. 73.
07-01-2016, 05:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 05:50 PM by EA1FFO.)
Hola Jordi,
Hoy he utilizado la herramienta "Asignar DXCC desde ClubLog" para comprobar mi base de datos con un resultado de 5055 registros comprobados con aproximadamente 37 errores. Al mismo tiempo envie un ADIF a ClubLog con los mismos 5055 registros y recibi un e-mail con un total de 14 correciones, asi que no se porque esa diferencia tan grande entre un metodo y otro. Me parece que no hay medio de comprobar las correciones realizadas por Swisslog y claro, tengo miedo de aceptar esas correciones de ojos cerrados. ¿Hay alguna forma de saber que correciones se han realizado o no queda registrasdo en ningun log?. Decir que estoy realizando pruebas con una copia de la base de datos original.
Perdona tantas dudas, gracias por tu ayuda y 73.

Hi Jordi,
Today I used the tool "Assign DXCC from ClubLog" to check my database with a score of 5055 records checked with about 37 errors. At the same time send an ADIF to ClubLog with the same 5055 records and received an e-mail with a total of 14 corrections, so do not know why that big between one method and another difference. I think there is no way to check the corrections made by Swisslog and clear, I have fear to accept those corrections eyes closed. Is there any way of knowing that corrections have been made or not remains registrasdo in any log ?. To say that I'm testing a copy of the original database.
Thanks and 73.
07-01-2016, 08:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 08:50 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi,

I reply you in English so that everybody can read it ;-)

I have improved this function in next version 5.91a. Now it will run about 25-30% faster and user will be able to see exactly which QSOs have been corrected and even save it to a text file. If all goes well I will release this version next week. Stay tuned and perform again this operation. It's advisable to perform a second time this function because maybe some QSO are corrected again. In this case you will have to manually edit every QSO and change the partner QTH-Name to allow different DXCC allocations for the same station. QTH-Name field is used to set a name for the same station worked many times from different locations or award references (DXCC, IOTA, SOTA, DCE, etc). Let me show you a real example:

- I worked 4L4HMC on 07/05/1992 and on 19/08/1992. Swisslog set 4L in both cases then assigned the same QTH-Name for both QSO (HomeQTH). After performing the first time the "Set DXCC from CLublog" the QSO on 07/05/1992 was corrected to UAEU (European Russia) while second QSO on 19/08/1992 is 4L (Georgia). What happens? this function corrects DXCC and sets UAEU to the first QSO.  But because when I entered the QSO Swisslog assigned 4L to both (then using the same QTH-Name: HomeQTH) automatically Swisslog use UAEU in the same QTH-Name for all other QSO having the same QTH-Name. QSO on 19/08/1992 must be set to 4L and change the QTH-Name to avoid "conflict" with first QTH. Second time you perform this operation will detect that the second QSO it's not well allocated (reads UAEU where really is 4L) and corrects it. But, again, because first QSO is using the same QTH-Name it changes 4L to both QSO which is not correct. We are in a kind of loop everytime you run this function and nothing is really corrected.

I haven't found an automatic way to change the QTH-Name in these cases. That's the reason I have improved this function to keep a list of QSO corrected so that user can manually modify and correct this behaviour. You won't find many QSOs matching this situation but the solution is simple: edit each of these QSO, set the right DXCC and assign a different QTH-Name. In the above example I set HomeQTH for the first QSO (UAEU) en 4L for the second QSO.

I hope you understand what I mean. That's why Swisslog keeps different QTH-Name in QSOs with the same callsign but working in different locations. Swisslog does it automatically when entering in real time. If I find a way to correct this behaviour in future versions I will do it but I think this is the best solution up to now. The part of code to detect all this is extremely complicated. I should remind everybody that I'm not Walter, the author of this software and I find many difficulties to implement many things. However if I find a way I will implement it in future versions.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
07-01-2016, 10:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 10:12 PM by EA1FFO.)
Hola Jordi,
Te entiendo perfectamente, tambien tengo algunos QSOs como los que indicas en el ejemplo y he tenido que hacerlo de forma manual. Es verdad que resulta muy complicado hacerlo desatendido
Jordi, una pregunta, necesito saber donde se guarda la clave de registro para que Swisslog se instale en la ruta "Archivos de Programa (x86)" y no en "Archivos de Programa", es que las instalaciones posteriores ya lo da por sentado y no puedo modificarlo la ruta a mano.

Hi Jordi,
I understand perfectly, I have also some cases as you indicate in the example and I had to do it manually. It is true that it is very difficult to do unattended
Jordi, a question, I need to know where the registry key is saved so that Swisslog is installed in the path "Program Files (x86)" and not "Program Files".

Thanks in advance.
08-01-2016, 12:56 AM,
Hi,

during the evening I have been struggling my mind and I have got an idea that maybe it works... I have to make a try this weekend... it's a bit complex but at least I have a clue to follow. Maybe I don't succeed but I have seen some light this evening into the dark tunnel ;-)

Regarding your question, when you install Swisslog from scratch in a 64 bits system the default installation folder is C:\Program Files(x86). If you have it installed in C:\Program Files is because you installed a previous version there.

The registry key where it's stored the installation folder is here (in a 64 bits operating system):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Swisslog for Windows\InstallPath

If you know what you are doing with the registry it's up to you. However the safest way is to uninstall and reinstall again from scratch (making a backup copy before of your Swisslog database with the File | Save option).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
09-01-2016, 06:55 PM,
Hi again,

After many hours and headaches I can tell you that I have achieved that Swisslog automatically sets the partner QTH name if needed. Now users don't need to do anything and Swisslog will correct everything perfectly. It's been really tricky but the result worth the effort!

Please stay tuned that I will release 5.91a in a few days.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
12-01-2016, 04:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 04:51 PM by EA1FFO.)
Thanks for the info, has been very useful.

73 de ea1ffo