Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v5.91...slooooow...
06-01-2016, 07:37 PM,
v5.91...slooooow...
Hi,

I just degraded Swisslog to v5.9d, due to the slow handling of the spots that are
coming in the list. I even can't log (freezes) when the traffic is to much with DX cluster spots.

PC = AMD A6-5400K APU with SSD drive.... Windows 7 (64bit)

Jordi, EA3GCV, I really really appreciate the great work you did so far, don't see this as a threat. It is still the best logging software by far!
(I use it since the DOS version, hihi)

73's Marc
08-01-2016, 03:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 03:38 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: v5.91...slooooow...
Hi Marc,

First of all thank you very much for your words. The problem you describe is because the new function to check is Lotw/eQSL user in the DX window. With a regular internet connection and your computer you should not have any problems! I have made many testings even in slow computer with success.

A solution to this is to make sure your firewall is not blocking incoming/outgoing connections to Swisslog. Add an exception to Swisslog in your firewall. Also apply a filter in the DX message to only see Needed/Worked not ALL traffic.

If everything remains the same, please wait to the release of new version 5.91a where I have set an option to disable the LOTW/eQSL columns (and the inherents lookups) for users don't like this option (or having problems as in your case).

It's also necessary that you installed Swisslog with administrator rights as described in the download section.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
09-01-2016, 08:39 PM,
RE: v5.91...slooooow...
Many thanks for the info Jordi! With the option of disabling the 2 collumns, would solve the problem I guess. I must say that I am connected through the VE7CC network and I am connected with 4 DX clusters, which handel alot of spots (skimmer spots)....

73's Marc, ON6CC