Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW version 5.91a
17-01-2016, 08:53 PM,
RE: NEW version 5.91a
(15-01-2016, 12:29 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Jordi,

thanks for your kind offer to check it direct with my db, just send it, abt. 6MB LZH.

vy73
Thomas
DK3DUA

Hi Thomas,

Please send me your database to: ea3gcv@castelldefels.net (in ZIP, RAR or the LZH Swisslog creates) and I will check what may happen.

Best 73
09-02-2016, 12:49 PM,
Hallo Jordi,

the new Version from Swisslog works very well here with me.
It´s run here with Win10. Tnx fer your work.

Vy 73 and good dx de Rolf DJ2RB
20-02-2016, 01:12 PM,
Hello Jordi,

the new version is working well here on Windows 10.

I have only one question, is it possible to disable the request for update the databases on every start of Swisslog?
Those informations are not important for me and it slows the start.

Many 73!

George OK2KG
22-02-2016, 03:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016, 03:03 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi George,

This is a reminder to inform user that these tables need to be updated and it's defined internally. This way users don't need to be aware on this. This warning is displayed when LoTW/eQSL users list are more than 30 days old, list of award references more than 60 days old and club memberships more than 180 days old.

It's important to keep these tables updated to get most current information on the membership panel and DX-Cluster LOTW/eQSL users information as well as for statistics. Even if you don't use or don't like this function it won't take too long to update if you reply YES when you see the warning message because it will only update a few tables. A good way to avoid this message is to run from time to time the UPDATE ALL function (TOOLS | UPDATE AWARDS INFORMATION (INTERNET)) when you have finished all your radio work. With an average computer it won't last more than 20-25 minutes to complete and you will get Swisslog very updated. However the only tables you get informed every 30 days (if you don't update often) are the LOTW/eQSL list. You can update them manually in the Tools | Update awards information (internet) menu and will only take some minutes. It's difficult to make everybody happy but I think this reminder it's very useful to inform user when tables need to be updated. If you follow the above instructions you won't see this message very often and you will get your statistic tables really updated.

I'm currently working in version 5.92 with interesting news and many corrections. One of them is regarding this message. The table update date check will only be performed if you have internet connection (when you see CONNECTED in the internet status button). Otherwise the message will never be displayed even if the last table update is older than the programmed time. Only when a internet connection is detected the checking will run-  

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
22-02-2016, 10:59 PM,
(22-02-2016, 03:37 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi George,

This is a reminder to inform user that these tables need to be updated and it's defined internally. This way users don't need to be aware on this. This warning is displayed when LoTW/eQSL users list are more than 30 days old, list of award references more than 60 days old and club memberships more than 180 days old.

It's important to keep these tables updated to get most current information on the membership panel and DX-Cluster LOTW/eQSL users information as well as for statistics. Even if you don't use or don't like this function it won't take too long to update if you reply YES when you see the warning message because it will only update a few tables. A good way to avoid this message is to run from time to time the UPDATE ALL function (TOOLS | UPDATE AWARDS INFORMATION (INTERNET)) when you have finished all your radio work. With an average computer it won't last more than 20-25 minutes to complete and you will get Swisslog very updated. However the only tables you get informed every 30 days (if you don't update often) are the LOTW/eQSL list. You can update them manually in the Tools | Update awards information (internet) menu and will only take some minutes. It's difficult to make everybody happy but I think this reminder it's very useful to inform user when tables need to be updated. If you follow the above instructions you won't see this message very often and you will get your statistic tables really updated.

I'm currently working in version 5.92 with interesting news and many corrections. One of them is regarding this message. The table update date check will only be performed if you have internet connection (when you see CONNECTED in the internet status button). Otherwise the message will never be displayed even if the last table update is older than the programmed time. Only when a internet connection is detected the checking will run-  

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

Many thanks for your reply.

Again I have to say, that I appologize your fantastic work to maintain the best of all electronic logbooks.
I use it from the DOS version till today.

I can update the info so no remainder will come out. My suggestion was only, that a setting to disable the update could be useful to some of us.

73! George OK2KG