Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
membership info
24-01-2016, 08:36 PM,
membership info
Unfortunately, I have sent my question in the wrong forum, I am not yet thus skilled with it, sorry.
Now here again:

First of all Thank you very much for your very good job by improving Swisslog!

I have installed the update from 5.91 to 5.91a as administrator. Now, when Input a new QSO, (membership-information is activated) the following error message appears:

The Microsoft Jet-Data bank module does not find the input table or the query 'Inf.skcc'. “

After closing this message only eQSL but no one else like AGCW etc. will be indicated. Then I have tried to update the Information Tables by using “update all” but also here came an error message:

"C:\program files (x86)\swisslog\info\AGCWmembers.xls was not found."
I also  have found out, that the folder “Info” is empty. A I was permanently connected at Internet.

How can I solve This problem? Thank you for assistance.

73 Hartmut DF8SB
24-01-2016, 09:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-01-2016, 12:03 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: membership info
Hi Hartmut,

this problem is due to the same thing I insist a lot and it's clearly explained in the first screen of the installer: you have to disable UAC and install as administrator! Otherwise Swisslog (and all other programs installed in the C:\Program Files folder) are not running there but in this folder:

C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES\YOUR_PROGRAM

If you installed previous Swisslog version without following these important instructions, now if you have correctly disabled UAC and run as administrator, Swisslog is really working in the C:\program files\Swisslog folder but previously was working in the folder indicated above!! a real bundle!! thats the reason Swisslog doesn't find anything now!

Please read this post where I explain all this in detail:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

If you have now disabled UAc and run as administrator, reinstall Swisslog as administrador (it will detect the current folder and will reinstall everything) and later copy your database and the Swisslog configuration file (SWISSLV5.INI) from the folder located in the Virtual Store (the full path indicate above) to C:\Program files\Swisslog. Everything will work as it should be.

If an user don't want to disable UAC the only way to avoid all these issues is to install Swisslog in a different folder from C:\Program Files (because is system protected until you disable UAC!!) But ALWAYS run as administrator.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
26-01-2016, 05:47 PM,
(24-01-2016, 09:10 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Hartmut,

this problem is due to the same thing I insist a lot and it's clearly explained in the first screen of the installer: you have to disable UAC and install as administrator! Otherwise Swisslog (and all other programs installed in the C:\Program Files folder) are not running there but in this folder:

C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES\YOUR_PROGRAM

If you installed previous Swisslog version without following these important instructions, now if you have correctly disabled UAC and run as administrator, Swisslog is really working in the C:\program files\Swisslog folder but previously was working in the folder indicated above!! a real bundle!! thats the reason Swisslog doesn't find anything now!

Please read this post where I explain all this in detail:

C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES\SWISSLOG

If you have now disabled UAc and run as administrator, reinstall Swisslog as administrador (it will detect the current folder and will reinstall everything) and later copy your database and the Swisslog configuration file (SWISSLV5.INI) from the folder located in the Virtual Store (the full path indicate above) to C:\Program files\Swisslog. Everything will work as it should be.

If an user don't want to disable UAC the only way to avoid all these issues is to install Swisslog in a different folder from C:\Program Files (because is system protected until you disable UAC!!) But ALWAYS run as administrator.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,
thank you very much for your kind assistance!
Because I was relatively sure to have followed all information during installation (disabled UAC, started with the right Mousbutton as administrator), I checked again all settings and find out, that at the attributes of the start icon the condition “start as administrator” was not activated. After correcting this, Swisslog run now perfectly.

Otra vez muchas gracias

vy 73 Hartmut
28-01-2016, 12:07 AM,
Hi Hartmut,

Nice to hear this! I did a mistake and I didn't add the link to the post where I explain in detail all this about UAC and administrator rights. Some programs (as Swisslog) needs FULL administrator rights to work properly (as any user was in Windows XP) but Microsoft changed all this from Windows Vista and most users don't know about this and creates many problems with amateur radio software specially.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog