Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The LoTW qsl status does not uptate automatically. Not eQsl either.
28-04-2016, 11:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016, 11:42 AM by JW6VDA.)
The LoTW qsl status does not uptate automatically. Not eQsl either.
Is there a way I can re-download a qsl from LOTW so that the status in Swisslog is correct?
Why does this not happen automatically? Huh  (I notice that in version 5.92, LOTW membership is also included in the log entry, at least when being online when logging.)

Also on eqsl, I notice that when logging and being on line, the memebership is included when logging a qso. Is there any way to automate the updating of eQsl staus or does this have to be done manually? (Time consuming and boring work...)  Huh Idea

By the way, online logging to ClubLog worked like a charm on my last expedition to JW-land Smile

Regards  JW6VDA
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
28-04-2016, 11:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016, 11:53 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: The LoTW qsl status does not uptate automatically. Not eQsl either.
Hi,

Membership for LoTW, eQSL and many clubs is activated by default when logging since version 5.91. Depending the LOTW/eQSL memberships the QSL action field will be changed to avoid sending a QSL card to LOTW/eQSL users. If you don't wish to see membership simply deactivate the membership button located in the Add QSO window. You can also deactivate the QSL actions set by the membership panel in the QSL Rules tab, Options of Add QSO window (please read the help or the news of version 5.91 where all this is clearly explained).

I don't understand your question regarding the LoTW re-download... if a new confirmation is received in LoTw the Swisslog status is updated automatically if you use the automatic synchronization. You can force to upload/read from a previous date if you manually enter the desired date in the QSOs since / QSLs since fields.

Currently Swisslog doesn't support manual nor automatic eQSL synchronization. It's in my wish list but implement this function in Swisslog is very complex so I hope to succeed some day. But it's in my mind ;-)

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-04-2016, 01:16 PM,
(28-04-2016, 11:53 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi,

Membership for LoTW, eQSL and many clubs is activated by default  when logging since version 5.91. Depending the LOTW/eQSL memberships the QSL action field will be changed to avoid sending a QSL card to LOTW/eQSL users. If you don't wish to see membership simply deactivate the membership button located in the Add QSO window. You can also deactivate the QSL actions set by the membership panel in the QSL Rules tab, Options of Add QSO window (please read the help or the news of version 5.91 where all this is clearly explained).

I don't understand your question regarding the LoTW re-download... if a new confirmation is received in LoTw the Swisslog status is updated automatically if you use the automatic synchronization. You can force to upload/read from a previous date if you manually enter the desired date in the QSOs since / QSLs since fields.

Currently Swisslog doesn't support manual nor automatic eQSL synchronization. It's in my wish list but implement this function in Swisslog is very complex so I hope to succeed some day. But it's in my mind ;-)

Best 73

LA6VDA 1989-2001.

28-04-2016, 01:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016, 01:29 PM by JW6VDA.)
Thank you for prompt answer. The question arises because I have been using LoTW for a long time, and I noticed that a lot of my qsos that are confirmed via LOTW, does not automatically show as confirmed in Swisslog. I am currently checking those qsos manually, and it is a lot of work. I am aware of the options in the Add QSO window, and I am grateful for all the auto features I can get, it saves a lot of time. I have tried to force update/read from an earlier date (in fact my whole logbook back to 1983), and the qsos and qsls are read from LoTW, but Swisslog does not update them. That is the reason for the question.
It is possible that the qsos in question are qsos that have been formerly confirmed by paper cards, direct or via buro. As my old cards to a large extent have been lost due to natural accidents, an update of these qsos with the LOTW qsl action would be handy, if it is like I suspect that allredy confirmed qsos are not updated.
Best 73

LA6VDA 1989-2001.

01-05-2016, 11:58 PM,
Hi,

Make sure you are using the latest TQSL version and you have matched correctly ALL your My QTH with your TQSL stations. Maybe you have uploaded these confirmed QSOs in LoTW with another callsign and you have assigned these QSO to another callsign in Swisslog. And that's the reason why Swisslog don't set the confirmed status, because these QSO don't match with any of your My QTH though it's confirmed in LoTW. But Swisslog only read/upload QSO for every My QTH and has to be perfectly paired with the corresponding LoTW station to set the status accordingly.

If all the above is correct (all TQSL stations are perfectly matched with your My QTH and to these confirmed QSO are set correctly with the same callsign in Lotw and Swisslog) you can try another method:

- In a logbook view delete all contents of the LOTW status field (leave it blank)
- Make a full resync of your whole logbook since the first date of your first QSO. Place this date( or earlier) in both fields QSO since and QSL since.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog