Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost my QSOs and refound them
26-08-2016, 08:39 AM,
Lost my QSOs and refound them
Hello,

this morning I had an error when starting swisslog : invalid filename at the start with asking for a file name in statistic-DB file type.

I chose swlstat in the list of file but then it told swissmog had to be closed !

I tried several times, also moving swlstat in /DB but nothing
I saw in /DB that my log was last dated from april 2016 !

I then chosed to reinstall swisslog 5.91a

Now it seems to work again, but my last QSOs are from april 2016 !!!!

I then made a search for my log on my pc to see if there wasn't a dupe file.

I found another file in C:\Users\ANTOINE\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Swisslog\DB instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Swisslog\DB and this one was dated from august 2016.

So what happened is that I changed my PC in april, did all the install in admin mode, but the short-cut on the desk wasn't checked as alwways run in admin mode.
So swisslog made a new folder where it logged all the QSOs since april.

So I copied this file in the "normal admin" folder and now it's OK.
(with the same problems as before HI !)

But I still don't know why I had suddently a problem with this "invalid file" error in statistics.

May be what happened to me could be of any use to others.

73 F5RAB Antoine

PS : I'm glad I have my QSOs back !
26-08-2016, 11:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016, 11:22 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Lost my QSOs and refound them
Hello Antoine:

It was obvious that you didn,t install and forced to run as administrator because your Qso were in the Virtual Store. When a program is installed in the Program Files folder is protected by the operating system and it,s a must to install and force as administrator to work properly. Since 5.92 Swisslog new installations are installed in C:\Swisslog to avoid all these problems.

Now that you have your Qsos back I highly recommend you to install new version 5.93. Since 5.91a there have been lots of new functions and important corrections. Take a look of all the news in the web site. The installer will detect where Swisslog is installed and perform the update. Run the installer as administrator and that,s all.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog