Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print QSL's with a HP Laserjet P1005 printer
17-09-2016, 07:07 PM,
Print QSL's with a HP Laserjet P1005 printer
Hi,
Sorry to ask, maybe this question has already been answered, but I recently parted from my old Canon I950
which printed perfectly the qsl models in the gallery, in A4 mode.
I used to put the 4X6 sheets on the right side, pushed the slider left to right to fit the dimension.

Now, it does not work any longer with my HP Laserjet P1005. I can't do the same way, because both sliders
move together which brings the sheets exactly in the middle and obviouly, the label is not centered when I print.
the text overlaps the left margin.
 Any advice ? maybe there's something which works in the provided models.....I did not try them all.....

Thank you for your help.
17-09-2016, 07:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-09-2016, 07:17 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Print QSL's with a HP Laserjet P1005 printer
Hi Guy,

If you can't find a way to adapt this in your printer the only workaround is to edit the QSL/label format in Swisslog and "play" with margins settings until it's printed as you wish. Look also in the printer control panel or options to see if you can center the print out automatically.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
17-09-2016, 09:18 PM,
Hi Jordi,
Thank you for your help, no I can't center with the settings of my printer BUT playing with the margin, it WORKS  !
Yes !  with a 1,54 left margin, , it's perfectly centered.
When do you intend to release the 5.94 version ?

See you, 73 de Guy
19-09-2016, 06:04 PM,
(17-09-2016, 09:18 PM)F6DKQ Wrote: Hi Jordi,
Thank you for your help, no I can't center with the settings of my printer BUT playing with the margin, it WORKS  !
Yes !  with a 1,54 left margin, , it's perfectly centered.
When do you intend to release the 5.94 version ?

See you, 73 de Guy

Hi,

I do not know if it is related with the friend F6DKQ said: when I try to print the QSL card, the printer configuration does not match to it was made in Windows 7 and Swisslog (File ---> printer config.). For example, it is set in automatic feeding but it works in manual mode (you have to push a button to pick up the paper). The paper size  is not the same with the set one.

20-09-2016, 07:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016, 07:35 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

The printer configuration is handled by the windows driver and the control panel of every printer. If you have upgraded from Windows 7 you have to install the latest drivers for your printer and check again the printer configuration in the windows control panel.

Regarding Guy's question I'm still working on it implementing support for JT65 programs and I haven't received yet the German translation for WinKeyer. After that I will have to prepare more documentation so I will still take a little to finish everything. YOu will have to receive more documentation to translate into French my dear Guy ;-)

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog