Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FlexRadio 6500 SmartSRD
02-10-2016, 10:56 PM,
FlexRadio 6500 SmartSRD
Hi Jordi,

Do you know how to connect A FlexRadio with Swisslog? With this new version of Swisslog I tried with OmniRig, I am able to read the mode but not the frequency.

Any help could be appreciated,
Many thanks,

73's Jean-Luc / F5JRC
03-10-2016, 03:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 03:41 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: FlexRadio 6500 SmartSRD
Helllo Jean Luc,

If you have tried with OmniRig without success maybe this SDR is not supported. You should contact Alex, VE3NEA to check how you have to set up this SDR in OmniRig. You will have first to achieve to make it working with OmniRig. If it works well in OmniRig it will work well in Swisslog because Swisslog reads the info OmniRigs sends.

I suggest you to try DXLab Commander which supports the SDR6500. I will implement support to DX Lab Commander in the next version. But in current version you can use DX Lab Commander to read QRG/Mode. Please read this post where I explain how to configure DX Lab Commander in current Swisslog version:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=251

Best 73 and let me know the results!
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
03-10-2016, 03:42 PM,
(03-10-2016, 03:34 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Helllo Jean Luc,

If you have tried with OmniRig without success maybe this SDR is not supported. You should contact Alex, VE3NEA to check how you have to set up this SDR in OmniRig. You will have first to achieve to make it working with OmniRig. If it works well in OmniRig it will work well in Swisslog because Swisslog reads the info OmniRigs sends.

I suggest you to try DXLab Commander which supports the SDR6500. I will implement support to DX Lab Commander in the next version. But in current version you can use DX Lab Commander to read QRG/Mode. Please read this post where I explain how to configure DX Lab Commander in current Swisslog version:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=251

Best 73 and let me know the results!
03-10-2016, 03:53 PM,
Hi Jordi,

Thanks for the information. I get a good result choosing Elecraft/Kenwood instead of Omnirig, but for now I don't know if everything is supported. Will tray asap to configure with DX Lab Commander (already using it with all DxLabs suite) but I find Swisslog so powerfull and well done, I want absolutely to make a try with it!

I don't find any information on Flex community about settings with Swisslog, but for sure if I can find a working configuration I will share the results with others Flex users around the world!

I let you informed asap if your solution is working.

Best 73, Jean-Luc
03-10-2016, 05:04 PM,
Hello Jean Luc,

You would use DXLAb Commander only as CAT program. But you will use Swisslog for the rest of operations. OmniRig is more transparent because any program is started as happen with DX Lab Commander. The best thing to use OmniRig or DXLAb Commander as CAT control is that you can use it at the same time along with other programs. This way you can work with Swisslog, MixW and many other programs supporting OmniRig or DXLAb Commander at the same time without the need of using a Virtual Serial Port Emulator (as you would need if you setup your transceiver directly in Swisslog). Theoretically your SDR is supported by OmniRig. If you achieve to make it working it will work with Swisslog. Contact with VE3NEA maybe he is able to help you with the correct settings.

Best 73 and keep me in touch
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-10-2016, 12:04 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Very interesting, but sorry I am very busy for now (professional), I will make some testing next weekend I hope. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Very 73 Jean-Luc