Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SWL freeze
03-10-2016, 08:44 PM,
SWL freeze
Hello

last weeks I notice that when I am using SWL for a report, cluster, or anything, it freeze.

Today I reinstalled again full file of last version and still this problem

Any idea what i can do?

thanks,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W
04-10-2016, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016, 08:52 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: SWL freeze
Hello Jorge,

Depending your computer you have to disable the option in the DX message window to see if LotW/eQSL user. In computers with Dual/Quad processors or higher (i3, i5, i7) there is no problem at all. But in single core processors you will probably need to disable this function if you don't apply any filter (by default all Dx messages are displayed). The best way is to filter messages to only see DX needed and worked to avoid processing lots of unnecessary DX messages. Then enable/disable the option to see if LoTw/eQSL user and check your computer behaviour.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-10-2016, 01:56 PM,
(04-10-2016, 08:37 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Jorge,

Depending your computer you have to disable the option in the DX message window to see if LotW/eQSL user. In computers with Dual/Quad processors or higher (i3, i5, i7) there is no problem at all. But in single core processors you will probably need to disable this function if you don't apply any filter (by default all Dx messages are displayed). The best way is to filter messages to only see DX needed and worked to avoid processing lots of unnecessary DX messages. Then enable/disable the option to see if LoTw/eQSL user and check your computer behaviour.

Best 73

thanks Jordi

I have a i5 with SSD so I think this is not the problem. And this not happened before. I am not sure if started with new version or not. 

Sometimes I have SWL open in a report and when I came back to the computer and move the mousse SWL freese and need to do Ctrl Alt Delete to close it asn the unique way to close it to start over.

And now when I start SWL there´s some tables that need to update but with some errors so i couldnt complete it

Jorge

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

04-10-2016, 04:32 PM,
Hello Jorge,

The DEE web site seems to be down for some days ago. I have to find out if they have changed the server, so this error is normal. If you have installed Swisslog inside Program Files folder and you are using Windows Vista or higher you have to disable UAC and run as administrator. The best way is to install Swisslog out from Program Files and you don't need to know this.

If your internet connection is very slow maybe you will note some delays. Depending the antivirus used you have to add an exception for Swisslog for all incoming/outgoing connections.

Check how many DX message windows you have open. if you have some of them without any filter applied (the default option) you may experience this behaviour if using the function to see if LoTW/eQSL user in the Dx message window.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog