Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL for report - can anyone supply?
15-12-2016, 11:40 AM,
SQL for report - can anyone supply?
Hi folks - I'd like to write a report but I cannot work out the correct SQL. If anyone could write, test and supply me with it I'd be grateful.

I want to know from my log database the number of unique stations I have worked from Japan (DXCC = JA) on each band 160 to 10m (all mode). Also the total number of unique stations from Japan all mode and all bands. Note, I do not need to know the QSO number (example I know I have 7740 QSOs with JA) - it is the number of unique calls per band that I am interested in.

Thanks,

Erik EI4KF.
15-12-2016, 12:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 15-12-2016, 12:59 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: SQL for report - can anyone supply?
Hello Erik,

You don't need to create a report and know SQL to do this. There is a simple way to do it in the logbook view:

- Open a logbook view by selecting any query according to your preferences that include the DXCC field (i.e. Logbook with DXCC, Zones and My QTH.spq located in the LOGBOOK folder)
- Filter your QSO (i.e DXCC = JA, Band = 160m, Mode = SSB, etc)
- Once filtered you need to group by callsign then select the FIRST call of the group. To do this press the button located at the left of the word "First by" in the logbook toolbar (it's a hand with a red number 1 on it)
- In the next dialog make sure that Callsign is the only field in the Group Field section and that FIRST is checked at the lower left part. Press OK
- Now you have unique calls in your logbook view. You can see the totals of unique callsigns at the lower right part of the main window (Nr of Records in red color).

Please see the attached screenshot where you will see which button you have to press and a sample screenshot. You can group by any field to select the first/last coincidence so the limit is your imagination!

Best 73

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
16-12-2016, 02:46 PM,
RE: SQL for report - can anyone supply?
(15-12-2016, 12:56 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Erik,

You don't need to create a report and know SQL to do this. There is a simple way to do it in the logbook view:

- Open a logbook view by selecting any query according to your preferences that include the DXCC field (i.e. Logbook with DXCC, Zones and My QTH.spq located in the LOGBOOK folder)
- Filter your QSO (i.e DXCC = JA, Band = 160m, Mode = SSB, etc)
- Once filtered you need to group by callsign then select the FIRST call of the group. To do this press the button located at the left of the word "First by" in the logbook toolbar (it's a hand with a red number 1 on it)
- In the next dialog make sure that Callsign is the only field in the Group Field section and that FIRST is checked at the lower left part. Press OK
- Now you have unique calls in your logbook view. You can see the totals of unique callsigns at the lower right part of the main window (Nr of Records in red color).

Please see the attached screenshot where you will see which button you have to press and a sample screenshot. You can group by any field to select the first/last coincidence so the limit is your imagination!

Best 73

Thank you!!! Just what I needed. 73.