Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming back to Swisslog importing ADIF data from DXKeeper
07-01-2017, 09:59 AM,
Coming back to Swisslog importing ADIF data from DXKeeper
Dear All
I have been using Swisslog since the early DOS days in the eighties being one of Walters first customers. In January 2014 I started to use JT9 and JT65 as my main modes of operation. This made me switch to the DXLabs suite as my logging software. I kept Swisslog running and did not export my SWL database to DXKeeper. I did several DX-peditions in the past using the DOS and Windows versions of Swisslog and still receive many paper QSL’s (going back 15 years and more!). Swisslog allows me to handle these QSL’s really well, much nicer than DXKeeper.

I was very happy to see that version 5.94 supports WSJT-X, ClubLog, and DXLabs Commander. This is a great effort from Jordi. A great THANK YOU for that Jordi!! It is also great to see that the country table is being kept up-to-date by Eric, great job guys! This should allow me to do most of what I currently do with DXLabs. For me only automated eQSL handling is missing. I am therefore preparing my move back to SWL.

Here are two questions that I need support with:

I did an ADIF export from DXKeeper and then used the field assignment dialog in SWL to import the log from DXKeeper. Some of the DXKeeper specific fields do not exist in SWL. I do not need most of them. However, some of the existing SWL fields cannot be selected to be assigned to the import fields. These fields are related to ClubLog, LotW and eQSL. My understanding is that ClubLog, LotW and eQSL status cannot be imported (is this assumption correct?) and that ClubLog and LotW synchronisation have to be done using Swisslog. For ClubLog this is no problem. I will just delete the current ClubLog database and create a new one. For LotW I am not so sure. My LotW was already synchronised using DXKeeper (the DXKeeper database is only from 2014 until today, the SWL database from 1981 to 2014). I assume I can just do another LotW synchronisation with all LotW fields in the imported records empty and the LotW software at ARRL will take care of my data. I just need to follow the sequence defined by SWL. Is my assumption correct?

I imported the ADIF file into a new database created for testing. The import dialog runs through OK without any error messages. However, when I want to look at the imported log file using the All fields logbook (slow).SPQ view I get the following error messages:

Parameter QSO.L_CLUBLOG_QSO_UPLOAD_STATUS has no default value
and
TabQuery: operation bei geschlossener Datenmenge nicht ausführbar

This does not happen with other views (since they do not use that field). It also does not happen when I import the ADIF file into my existing SWL HB9CQK database 1981 to 2014 (do not worry, I have many backups, so I can play around with my real database without the risk of losing anything).
I appreciate if anybody can tell me that my assumptions above are correct or not and how I can solve the error message issue. By the way: I just did a clean new administrator install of version 5.94 avoiding the Windows issues. I just had to copy my database and reports and was done.

Thank you very much for your support and good DX, Frédéric, HB9CQK
07-01-2017, 06:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 06:50 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Coming back to Swisslog importing ADIF data from DXKeeper
Hello Fréderic,

First of all thank for using again Swisslog! I'm very glad that you like all the new features. I'm doing the best I know!

Regarding your questions:

- Swisslog still doesn't implement any eQSL synchronisation. It's a hard bone to me because I still have many difficulties to implement some things in the Swisslog complex structure. But I won't give up! I hope to succeed some day...
- When importing QSO from other programs you don't have to worry about the LOTW/ClubLog fields. When using the LOTW/ClubLog functions in Swisslog will fill out the corresponding fields. The only fields you can set from DXKeeper are the ones from eQSL (if you wish). You can assign them to the right eQSL fields available in the Swisslog database.
- I have found that when creating a new database it doesn't create correctly the QSO table so that's the reason of the error. I'm investigating to correct this in the new version I'm preparing now. Meantime, send me your database to support@swisslogforwindows.com and I will fix it for you.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
08-01-2017, 11:06 AM,
Dear Jordi

Well, thank YOU for all your good things that you are doing for the HAM community!

To be honest I am not a big fan of eQSL, but I felt the need to do it because many operators are asking for it. My eQSL status is a mess in my database and I only keep proper track on the eQSL website. I upload the ADIF to eQSL but do not really download the status. What would be helpful would be a description of the correct manual workflow between eQSL and Swisslog (i.e. what ADIF report to send to eQSL and how to update the eQSL status via download from eQSL). Sorry, if that is already in the forum, I have not been around for several years.

Regarding the ADIF import from DXKeeper you can find the fields that were asked for assignment below:

Fields]
APP_DXKeeper_ClubLog=$
APP_DXKeeper_ClubLogDate=$
APP_DXKEEPER_DXCCPREFIX=$
APP_DXKeeper_EQSL_MEMBER=$
APP_DXKeeper_LotW_MEMBER=$
APP_DXKeeper_LotWConfirmation=$
APP_DXKEEPER_MY_EMAIL=$
APP_DXKEEPER_MY_QTHID=$
APP_DXKeeper_REGION=$
APP_DXKeeper_SELECT=$
APP_EQSL_QTH_NICKNAME=$
[Bands]
60M=60m
[QSL]
$QSLRule=0
[Formats]
Time=hh:mm
Date=dd.MM.yyyy
QSLActionSend=0

So there is no assignment of eQSL, but I am not worried about that anyway.

Thank you for your offer on checking my database. Since the ADIF import from DXKeeper is working fine with the existing SWL database I do not need your help here. I just did a new database for testing and found that small error. I will now do the real thing adding the DXKeeper QSO's to my Swisslog database and start using Swisslog again  Big Grin

73 and thanks again for all your effort, Frédéric, HB9CQK
08-01-2017, 07:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2017, 07:35 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Fréderic,

The field assignment is right and there are no eQSL fields to match with the existing eQSL fields in Swisslog.

I'm trying to solve the problem when creating a new database from Swisslog. Believe it or not I'm working with this in the code since yesterday and it's a real nightmare because it's not as easy as may seem due to the complexity of the source code and database structure.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
09-01-2017, 11:10 AM,
Dear Jordi

Thank you for the quick answer! I did my first SWL supported QSO's yesterday, including using WSJT-X - all OK!

Do not spend too much time on the new database issue, if it is not a major problem for other users. My import into my old SWL databse went well and I now have a SWL logbook without gaps from 1981 to 2017! I also did a new ClubLog database and that shows my country status now on my QRZ.com and my website: http://www.hb9cqk.ch. Very nice!

Thanks again and 73, Frédéric
09-01-2017, 02:35 PM,
Hi Fréderic,

It's an important bug because the database created by Swisslog doesn't work well and must be fixed. Fortunately i have fixed this issue after working hard during the weekend. Let's see if I'm able to finish all the work this week and release the new version.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV