Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Version 5.95
17-01-2017, 07:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017, 07:50 PM by EA3GCV.)
NEW Version 5.95
Dear users,

I'm proud to inform you that I have just released version 5.95 with interesting news such as added FLRIG for transceiver control, QRZCQ for query internet databases, if using OmniRig you will be able to switch from Rig1 to Rig2 quickly from the transceiver control toolbar (very useful if you are using 2 transceivers!), another news and IMPORTANT corrections! I really suggest you to upgrade!

Please read all the news and corrections here

I hope you will like this new year's gift!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
18-01-2017, 01:05 AM,
RE: NEW Version 5.95
(17-01-2017, 07:49 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Dear users,

I'm proud to inform you that I have just released version 5.95 with interesting news such as added FLRIG for transceiver control, QRZCQ for query internet databases, if using OmniRig you will be able to switch from Rig1 to Rig2 quickly from the transceiver control toolbar (very useful if you are using 2 transceivers!), another news and IMPORTANT corrections! I really suggest you to upgrade!

Please read all the news and corrections here

I hope you will like this new year's gift!

Best 73

Ciao Jordi,

thanks so much for providing the new version 5.95.
The update process went flawlessly on both my private and club log.
Everything seems faster and i like the integration with Omni-rig.

Unfortunately i have a strange situation in regards of the below feature:

"NEW: When deleting, importing QSO or adding QSO not in realtime time, the QSO sequence number needs to be resynchronized. Swisslog will now warn you when the Sequence QSO number is out of synch and prompt you if you want to resequence QSOs. User can't reply NO if don't want to be warned again during the current session. But you will be warned again at next Swisslog session until it's fixed. It won't take a lot of time even in larger databases."

I manage my webpage by importing the Swisslog MDB file (just few tables).
If you open this website: http://www.hb9dhg.ch/logbook.cfm?PageNum...ction=2007
you will see an example of my Logbook. Have a look at the record DR1A 
If you hover with the mouse, you will see that this QSO has the number 16141. Here is the link

http://www.hb9dhg.ch/View_call.cfm?Reque...A&No=16141

During the years i made some scans of my QSL Cards, and of course i linked the QSO to the QSO number.
If you click "Show QSL Card" the link redirects you to the scanned QSL card.

Now, if i accept the new re-sequence, i lost all the references for the QSLs because my table refer to the old QSO numbers.
I made a backup and i can change all the references but this is a huge amount of work. I know that i can ignore the warning but every time I open Swisslog
i have this pop-up message.

Is there a way to disable the re-sequence of the QSO by adding an option to "remember my choice"? 
Or do you have any other suggestion ?

I can talk to you directly if I didn't clearly explained my issue.

Thanks!
Fulvio HB9DHG
18-01-2017, 03:18 AM,
Hello Fulvio,

I understand your problem...I will try to add another option in next version to avoid being informed in every Swisslog session. As it is now, if you press NO you won't be informed during the current session. But until I release next version (I will take still a while!) you will have to reply NO to this message. I'm sorry for causing you this trouble until the next version :-(

Keep in mind that the QSO number you are assigning to your QSL is not the real QSO number (in sequence for QSO date/time). If you import QSO from external programs (such contest programs) or if you delete QSO the QSO sequence number field must be renumbered to match with the real date/time sort order of your logbook.

This issue could be avoided if you would have used the L_QSONR field instead of the L_QSOSEQNR for this purpose. The L_QSONR is the internal ID for every record in the database and is unique and never change. The QSOSEQNR field is intended to be used as the real QSO number based on date/time order. That's the reason I placed this option to make things easier to users and inform when renumbering is needed. There are a lot of user who likes to print the real QSO number in their QSL and this field was created specially for this.

Nevertheless I understand the situation and in order to make this warning more "flexible" to users don't mind this or as in your special case, I will study to add an option to remember the choice.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
18-01-2017, 10:52 AM,
(18-01-2017, 03:18 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Fulvio,

I understand your problem...I will try to add another option in next version to avoid being informed in every Swisslog session. As it is now, if you press NO you won't be informed during the current session. But until I release next version (I will take still a while!) you will have to reply NO to this message. I'm sorry for causing you this trouble until the next version :-(

Keep in mind that the QSO number you are assigning to your QSL is not the real QSO number (in sequence for QSO date/time). If you import QSO from external programs (such contest programs) or if you delete QSO the QSO sequence number field must be renumbered to match with the real date/time sort order of your logbook.

This issue could be avoided if you would have used the L_QSONR field instead of the L_QSOSEQNR for this purpose. The L_QSONR is the internal ID for every record in the database and is unique and never change. The QSOSEQNR field is intended to be used as the real QSO number based on date/time order. That's the reason I placed this option to make things easier to users and inform when renumbering is needed. There are a lot of user who likes to print the real QSO number in their QSL and this field was created specially for this.

Nevertheless I understand the situation and in order to make this warning more "flexible" to users don't mind this or as in your special case, I will study to add an option to remember the choice.

Best 73

Thanks Jordi,

i have now a problem where the QSO number (after doing the re-sync and restoring the old MDB) is not the same as reported in my reply. 
Do not know why but i will investigate. I will play a bit around and figure it out. 
Anyway there is no rush in adding this option and it is interesting to know that i had to use the L_QSONR instead of the L_QSOSEQNR. I didn't know when i developed the QSL page. 

Many thanks again for your support and to keep Swisslog at its best.

Have a great rest of the week.
Fulvio HB9DHG
18-01-2017, 10:08 PM,
Ciao Jordi,

i'm happy to report that even after the re-syncronisation, the QSO number still the same!
I guess i correctly used the right field to link the QSOs to my QSLs.
It looks i was alarmed just because the logbook view shows different QSO numbers.
Have at look at the old screenshot taken before the re-sync (check the last column)

as well the new screenshot

In any case it was good to spend some time to check  Confused

Thanks again to respond and for the excellent customer support!

73 de HB9DHG Fulvio

PS: this is the query i use for the Logbook:

SELECT QSO.L_DATE AS QSODate,
         QSO.L_DATE AS [Date],
         QSO.L_TIME AS [Time],
         QSO.L_Call AS Call,
         QSO.P_QTH AS QTH,
         QSO.Mode,
         QSO.[Band] AS [Band],
         QSO.P_QTHLOCATOR AS Loc,
         QSO.L_RSTS AS [Rst-S],
         QSO.L_RSTR AS [Rst-R],
         QSO.C_OP_NAME AS Name,
         QSO.L_QSL_RECEIVED AS R,
         QSO.L_QSL_SEND AS S,
         QSO.L_RSTSNR AS [Nr-S],
         QSO.L_RSTRNR AS [Nr-R],
         QSO.L_QSL_ACTION AS [Action],
         QSO.MY_EVENT AS Contest2,
         QSO.L_QSL_MGR AS Mgr,
         QSO.P_IOTA AS Iota,
         QSO.L_QRG AS Qrg,
         QSO.P_DXCC AS DXCC,
         QSO.L_QSOSeqNR AS Nr,
         QSO.MY_QTH AS [My QTH],
         QSO.MY_Conditions AS Radio,
         QSO.L_LOTW_Status AS LOTW,
         QSO.P_CONTINENT AS WAC,
         QSO.P_WAZ AS WAZ,
         QSO.P_QTHNAME AS [QTH Partner],
         QSO.MY_STATION AS Location,
         QSO.MY_EVENT_DESCRIPTION AS Contest
    FROM QSO
ORDER BY QSO.L_DATE DESC,
         QSO.L_DATE DESC,
         QSO.L_TIME DESC
19-01-2017, 01:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-01-2017, 09:57 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Fulvio:

Effectively the logbook view shows the QSOSEQNR in the Nr column and it's changed because now it's correctly resequenced in date/time order. If your QSO number in your QSL is the same after resequencing this is because you used the L_QSONR which is the one you had to use so perfect!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
19-01-2017, 11:53 PM,
(19-01-2017, 01:04 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Fulvio:

Effectively the logbook view shows the QSOSEQNR in the Nr column and it's changed because now it's correctly resequenced in date/time order. If your QSO number in your QSL is the same after resequencing this is because you used the L_QSONR which is the one you had to use so perfect!

Best 73

Hi Jordi,
I agree and I'm happy i did used the right field at that time.
In fact, in one another view i have on my laptop, i have both fields that clearly shows that i'm using the right fields to link to my QSL.
So happy to have made the re-synck as well to enjoy the new version.

Just a Wishlist for the next version, low, low, priority.

When you use Omni-rig, you can now select two radios. In fact you have to double-click on the frequency/mode pane.
It would be "good" or wise to show in the same pane the RADIO NUMBER used (something like a nr, "1" or "2" after the mode or before the freq) Just my 2 cents. This will allow the user to see which radio is radio selected Smile

Take care and thanks again for getting back to all the user requests!
20-01-2017, 03:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-01-2017, 03:03 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Fulvio,

I take note on your suggestion! I already thought on that  Wink

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
20-01-2017, 10:41 PM,
(20-01-2017, 03:03 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Fulvio,

I take note on your suggestion! I already thought on that  Wink

Best 73

You are the man !

as said .. this is a very low priority and i'm sure there are some others much more important updates you will like to include
into the next version.
Keep up the good work!

Regards, Fulvio HB9DHG