Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two questions: 1: about syching with online qsl services, 2: on printing qsl labels
29-03-2017, 08:43 AM,
Two questions: 1: about syching with online qsl services, 2: on printing qsl labels
I use eQsl.cc, the qrz.com logbook and LoTW, all to accommodate all those wanting to have JW confirmed. I also use ClubLog, and I must say that the online logging to ClubLog works fine. But I miss the synchronisation with eQsl and qrz.com logbook, and I wonder how the plan to implement eQsl synchronisation is coming along, and also if there are any plans to synchronise with qrz.com logbook.

Also I get a lot of requests for qsls via ClubLog OQRS. To print the labels I now find the qsos manually with the "Print QSL card" wizard and select them for printing. Is there any way I could automate this procedure, for example by importing the ADIF from ClubLog? If so, will these be registered in my main database?

73 de JW6VDA (also LA6VDA and OH6VDA)
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
30-03-2017, 08:45 AM,
RE: Two questions: 1: about syching with online qsl services, 2: on printing qsl labels
Hello,

Now that I have released version 5.96 and Swisslog has no important errors and is very stable I will start working for a major update: version 7. As it's explained in the Introduction in the Swisslog help, Walter was about to release version 6 when he had the accident. Version 6 implements enhanced Dx message function and logbooks views with powerful filtering functions, autofilters and some other new functions. However the version 6 source code was corrupted that's the reason I focused working in the version 5 code.

Since I started developing Swisslog on december 2014 I have been also working in the "shadow" trying to restore the version 6 code. Now I'm close to succeed and my intention is to try to add all the news and corrections I have implemented in version 5 in the version 6 code then release a new brand vertsion 7. That is: mixing the code but this is a HUGE and complex work than needs months of hard and careful work.

Regarding your question I also want to implement support for all online logbooks such as QRZ, HRDLOG and HAMLOG (I have started working on it with succeesful results). Swisslog will be the only one application (I think) which will allow multiple callsigns configuration for QRZ and HAMLOG, so uploading QSO in realtime will be really easy! I would like to add a full synchronisation function for eQSL allowing multiple callsign configuration the same way it's now with LotW. This is very challenging because it's very very complex to write the code and implement it in the current code structure. I'm not the original author and Walter can't help me. I have learned a lot on Delphi language and (above all) the Swisslog structure during the last 2 years. Keep in mind that Swisslog uses about 300 different modules and nearly 1200000 lines of code. But my future roadmap is very ambitious and for sure I will find a lot of problems. If I don't suceed with a full synchronisation function for eQSL as it's performed now with LoTW, at least version 7 will implement eQSL realtime saving allowing multiple QTH configuration as well.

My intention is to focus on all this from now and stop releasing more 5 versions. Maybe I will release a mainteinance version before version 7 if some issues are detected in current version. But I have to face a huge and complex work, prepare new documentation, etc and all this requires to spend a lot of time. I don't know if I will succeed in all the things I want to do. But I won't give up easily! I'm very glad of all my achievements in the last 2 years and I'm prepared to face this challenge! I would like to release version 7 this year but it's still very premature to confirm. I began to place the first bricks of version 7 some months ago, but now comes the hardest part.

Regarding the OQRS currently there is no way to automate the procedure for OQRS and import the Club Log OQRS ADIF file. I will add this in the wish list for the future!!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
20-04-2017, 12:15 PM,
RE: Two questions: 1: about syching with online qsl services, 2: on printing qsl labels
Thank you very much for your answer, Jordi. I must say that is an impressive task you have undertaken, and I am awaiting the success that will no doubt come.

Best 73 de Tom JW6VDA
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.