04-08-2017, 10:32 AM,
RE: Not synchronize with Lotw
Good morning
Also in Denmark
Thanks Jordi

Br Arne // OZ4VW
22-08-2017, 12:48 AM,
Works fine again Jordi!!! Thanks for the quick update!!!
22-08-2017, 12:29 PM,
(03-08-2017, 08:29 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello all,

After talking with the ARRL technicians I have been able to fix this issue. The problem came from a change in the LotW server that affects some vulnerabilities and I had to adapt the HTTP request to meet this new security requirements (change a whitespace by %20, otherwise server reject the Swisslog request).

You can download a fix here:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/Swisslv5.exe

Simply replace the EXE in the Swisslog folder. Version number is still 5.96 but release date is from today 3rd August 2017.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,
If you permit I would like to express an idea in order to avoid same situations in future in case could happen some changes in any http no matter it is LOTW or any other link...
What do you think user could configure the HTTP in case there is any change? I imagine that all HTTP are inside the code, but if we can have acess to change, it could help in case, some changes ocurs in any server, do you think it could be implemented or usefull?

Best regards.

Manuel Fernando
23-08-2017, 10:28 AM,
Hi Fernando,

The problem was not in the main HTTP address but in the construction of the command part of the HTTP address. LoTW only changed the HTTP address to upload/download once in their life some years ago and I hope they don't apply important changes on this in the future. I will add it to the wish list for the future to add the main Lotw address in the INI file but currently I don't think it's really necessary. It would only be useful if the change the domain but keeping the same command structure.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-09-2017, 05:14 AM,
Thank you for the very quick fix, Jordi, and all the other work you do. Everything's working again now.