Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW version 5.97a
09-12-2017, 04:45 PM,
NEW version 5.97a
Dear users,

I have just released version 5.97a correcting an important issue related to eQSL QSO uploading. 

Please read: http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/englis...5.htm#last

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
09-12-2017, 08:20 PM,
RE: NEW version 5.97a
(09-12-2017, 04:45 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Dear users,

I have just released version 5.97a correcting an important issue related to eQSL QSO uploading. 

Please read: http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/englis...5.htm#last

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

many thanks for your excelent work, but I have an issue installing the 5.97a version, the epansion of the file swlstat ends with an error, and the installation is then not functional!

Could you help please?

My setup is:
Lenovo ThinkPad T61
2GB RAM
Enough disk space
Windows 10 Home Fall Creators Update - Czech Language

73!

George OK2KG
Windows 10 Home Fall Creators Update
10-12-2017, 01:20 AM,
Hello George,

If you have installed Swisslog previously in the Program Files folder and you have windows Vista or higher and you have not disabled UAC and you don't run Swisslog as administrator you will get unexpected results!

Please read this post where I explain in detail this Windows problems and the solution:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
10-12-2017, 12:49 PM,
(10-12-2017, 01:20 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello George,

If you have installed Swisslog previously in the Program Files folder and you have windows Vista or higher and you have not disabled UAC and you don't run Swisslog as administrator you will get unexpected results!

Please read this post where I explain in detail this Windows problems and the solution:

Best 73
Hello Jordi,

yes, I have the Swisslog in Program Files folder, but anyway, from start disabled the UAC, installed aa Administrator an all previous updates were installed without problems.
Yesterday I downgraded back to 5.96 without any issue and the log is running as before.

Many 73!

George OK2KG
10-12-2017, 11:13 PM,
(10-12-2017, 12:49 PM)OK2KG Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 01:20 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello George,

Best 73
Hello Jordi,

yes, I have the Swisslog in Program Files folder, but anyway, from start disabled the UAC, installed aa Administrator an all previous updates were installed without problems.
Yesterday I downgraded back to 5.96 without any issue and the log is running as before.

Many 73!

George OK2KG

Hello again Jordi,

something strange happened. I downloaded the 5.97a file again from Swisslog site to another computer with simmilar configuration, and all was done OK. I compared the two downloaded files and theyhave the samesize but a lot of bytes are diferent. I used this file on my main computer, and yes all gne smoothly and the log is running now well in version 5.97a.
I will try to investigate the reason and let you know the result.

Many thanks and 73!

George OK2KG
11-12-2017, 11:23 AM,
Hello George,

When you are upgrading from the "new version" warning in Swisslog, a different installer is downloaded and placed in the user TEMP folder. This installer is slightly different from the full installer to avoid some installation steps but its contents are exactly the same. Maybe it was corrupted somehow...

But i'm happy that after reinstalling again all works well.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
11-12-2017, 07:51 PM,
(11-12-2017, 11:23 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello George,

When you are upgrading from the "new version" warning in Swisslog, a different installer is downloaded and placed in the user TEMP folder. This installer is slightly different from the full installer to avoid some installation steps but its contents are exactly the same. Maybe it was corrupted somehow...

But i'm happy that after reinstalling again all works well.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

The reason for repetitive downloading of different files was probably  a not fully installed Win10 last update :-(.
All is running well now.

73!
George
16-12-2017, 05:07 PM,
Hi Jordi

Since I installed Swisslog 5.97a, I have no more communication between Swisslog and jt65-HF version HB9HQX; communication is OK with JTDX and WSJTX.
With version 5.97 and 5.96, all is OK ( with errors messages with version 5.97).

I returned on Version 5.96.

73's and thank you for your good job.
Bernard F5JUS
17-12-2017, 05:41 AM,
Hello Bernard,

I think the problem is coming the way HB9HQX program detects Swisslog version. Because it includes a letter in the version number it doesn't detect it. I will contact him to change this.

You can solve this by editing the windows registry and modify the key where the Swisslog version number is saved. I'm not at home and I'm explaining by memory but open Regedit and in search for 5.97a. You should find it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Swisslog for Windows, version key (32 bits operating systems). If you have a 64bits operating system this key will be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow3264Node/Swisslog for Windows. Simply replace 5.97a by 5.97 and should work. Because I will release a new version 5.97b soon, remember to do this again in case there is not any new version from HB9HQX correcting this.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
17-12-2017, 12:14 PM,
RE: NEW version 5.97a and jt65-HB9HQX
(17-12-2017, 05:41 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Bernard,

I think the problem is coming the way HB9HQX program detects Swisslog version. Because it includes a letter in the version number it doesn't detect it. I will contact him to change this.

You can solve this by editing the windows registry and modify the key where the Swisslog version number is saved. I'm not at home and I'm explaining by memory but open Regedit and in search for 5.97a. You should find it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Swisslog for Windows, version key (32 bits operating systems). If you have a 64bits operating system this key will be in  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow3264Node/Swisslog for Windows. Simply replace 5.97a by 5.97 and should work. Because I will release a new version 5.97b soon, remember to do this again in case there is not any new version from HB9HQX correcting this.

Best 73

Hello Jordi

You was right Jordi, I changed the value key from 5.97a to 5.97 in the registry and now, all is OK.

Thank you very much

Best 73s
Bernard  F5JUS