Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta EXE to test
21-12-2017, 01:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-12-2017, 03:49 PM by EA3GCV.)
Beta EXE to test
Hello all,

I have detected an issue affecting DX spots on Dx Windows and Band Maps. Some users don't receive anything. This had direct relationship with the new Spot Life Time function. Please download and replace the Swisslog EXE by this one and test:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/Swisslv5.exe

Please make sure the "Time diff to UTC" is set correctly in every of your My QTH. Otherwise Swisslog won't calculate correctly the Spot Lifetime which can cause no spots displayed as well!

I'm planning to release version 5.97b shortly correcting some other things and implementing some news. In this EXE you can also test a new option in Online Logbooks: Disable error / warning message after saving. If checked you won't get any message from server if something went wrong after uploading a QSO (Dupe QSO, wrong band, server is not responding, etc.) This is very useful when working linked with external programs (MixW, WSJT-X, etc) to avoid that a message dialog blocks the saving request from the external program. Or when editing QSO in Swisslog and you want to avoid the "Dupe QSO" warning when saving the QSO again (only if using eQSL/QRZ realtime saving).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
21-12-2017, 08:05 PM,
RE: Beta EXE to test
It does not work any more problems.

Fabrizio IK6DLK
21-12-2017, 11:32 PM,
Hello Fabrizio,

Please explain in details the problems you have now. All other users who have tested gave positive feedback and worked well. What's problems are you having now?

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
22-12-2017, 08:03 AM,
In the DX-message window the spots appear on two lines and then disappear, repeating the biggest problem every time the spots arrive. An error appears in the database. If you click on a spot the OmniRig window appears and does not change with frequency ....
I deleted everything and I came back to 5.96 .....
Greetings
22-12-2017, 01:29 PM,
(21-12-2017, 01:24 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello all,

I have detected an issue affecting DX spots on Dx Windows and Band Maps. Some users don't receive anything. This had direct relationship with the new Spot Life Time function. Please download and replace the Swisslog EXE by this one and test:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/Swisslv5.exe

Let me know if now works well. I'm planning to release version 5.97b shortly correcting some other things and implementing some news. In this EXE you can also test a new option in Online Logbooks: Disable error / warning message after saving. If checked you won't get any message from server if something went wrong after uploading a QSO (Dupe QSO, wrong band, server is not responding, etc.) This is very useful when working linked with external programs (MixW, WSJT-X, etc) to avoid that a message dialog blocks the saving request from the external program.

Best 73

Hi Jordi

My test in Windows 10 64bit: Original 5.97a -in the dxcluster messagewindow  is always empty dx spots when you open any window(bandmap, add qso...). After replace  beta.exe is cluster dx window with spots very stable. Thanks!

73 Josef OK1DTM
29-12-2017, 01:15 PM,
(22-12-2017, 08:03 AM)Hello Fabrizio, I sent you an e-mail without response. Please contact me directly to my e-mail or whatsapp +34656409020 to make a remote session via Temaviewer to see what may happen but it should work well. Under Windows Vista and higher it\s extremely important to force running all radio programs with administrator rights in order to avoid problems. OmniRig must be forced as well. Please contact me and I will review everything. Best 73  IK6DLK Wrote: In the DX-message window the spots appear on two lines and then disappear, repeating the biggest problem every time the spots arrive. An error appears in the database. If you click on a spot the OmniRig window appears and does not change with frequency ....
I deleted everything and I came back to 5.96 .....
Greetings
Jordi, EA3GCV
30-12-2017, 12:19 AM,
Dear Jordi,
I took advantage of these days of vacation to cancel the 5.96 version and I installed the 5.97a with the new EXE file, everything seems to work. Congratulations on your good work. Thanks for your patience.
Thank you
Fabrizio IK6DLK