Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOTA PROBLEM
23-12-2017, 03:20 PM,
IOTA PROBLEM
Hello Jordi,

Can you help me please,
Since I have updated 5.97a , I cannot open the Iota list in the main entering screen, where you enter the new callsign.and it shows me a message problem!
If i give in a Iota station I have worked in the past, he shows the Iota ex. : NA-052.
Please check the attachement and thank you for your help.
73, Alain LX1AX

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

23-12-2017, 03:49 PM,
RE: IOTA PROBLEM
Hello Alain,

You have Swisslog installed in Program Files folder and you have not probably disabled UAC nor forcing Swisslog running always as administrator. Please read this post:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
23-12-2017, 06:44 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Thank you for your rapid answer and help.
Yes since I have Win 7, I have Swisslog install in Programfiles , but I had disabled UAC and was running as administrator. All was OK, until I install the last update.
I have solved the problem like this way :
- I have disinstalled Swisslog completely and deleted all the folders in Program Files. I restarded the Computer.
-I have made a complete new Installation from Ver. 5.97a and install it Under C/Swisslog.
-UAC is of course disabled.
-Running as Administrator.

Now my problem is solved!  Smile

Thank you again and I wish you and your family Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2018.
Thank you for all your work and help. Smile

73, Alain LX1AX
23-12-2017, 07:51 PM,
Hello Jordi,

I don't know whats going on. But the problem was gone and know it's back again, and I have not used the logging progr.
Not logging any station.
?
73, Alain LX1AX
23-12-2017, 10:32 PM,
Hi Alain,

Please contact me via whatsapp (+34656409020) to arrange a remote session via Teamviewer and I will check online what happens. Having Swisslog installed in C:\Program Files needs to disable UAC and run always as administrator otherwise you can get unexpected results. I will fix it for you via Teamviewer. If you don't have Teamviewer download it in the CONTACT section of the website. No installation needed, it's just a file, run it and send me the ID and password.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
23-12-2017, 10:42 PM,
OK,

I'm there one moment please Jordi.
24-12-2017, 02:20 PM,
Dear Jordi,
Only one question more:
I have now 2 files Under C: Swisslog
and Swisslog-new.
Can I delete something and if not where does I update newer versions in the future?
Thank you for your help.
73, Alain LX1AX
25-12-2017, 04:21 PM,
(24-12-2017, 02:20 PM)LX1AX Wrote: Dear Jordi,
Only one question more:
I have now 2 files Under C: Swisslog
and Swisslog-new.
Can I delete something and if not where does I update newer versions in the future?
Thank you for your help.
73, Alain LX1AX

What was the solution? I also have the same problem (and as you know UAC is off and SWL runs with admin rights).

Erik EI4KF
26-12-2017, 07:02 AM,
Hi Erik,

This problem is because he disabled the IOTA statistic so that's the reason when trying to see the Iota info table trigger this error. Go to Options / Active statistics and enable again IOTA.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
26-12-2017, 09:26 AM,
(26-12-2017, 07:02 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Erik,

This problem is because he disabled the IOTA statistic so that's the reason when trying to see the Iota info table trigger this error. Go to Options / Active statistics and enable again IOTA.

Best 73

Thank you Jordi. 

73 de Erik.