Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW version 5.97c
05-01-2018, 04:06 PM,
NEW version 5.97c
Dear users,

I have just released version 5.97c with a single but important correction:
  • LOTW synchronization: Read Time Out error
This happened because a read timeout value was defined internally. Depending the LoTW server work load, number of QSO etc. the LotW server response may change a lot. So now there is no timeout to fit all scenarios.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
05-01-2018, 05:11 PM,
Photo  RE: NEW version 5.97c
My download of the new version was broken... a message with internet time out came every time.

For me it is better then swisslog is not updated with teh internet... my old versions work fine. Now the 5.97b works with errormessages after I was trying to get the download of the 5.97c version. What can I do to switch off the automatily internet login (How knows swisslog that a new version is on?) ?

Thnaks Olaf dl7cx

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

05-01-2018, 05:19 PM,
RE: NEW version 5.97c

after some minutes the screen looked like here... ?
05-01-2018, 05:42 PM,
after Installation 5.97c ...error messages and no more LOTW download....
06-01-2018, 12:17 AM,
Hello Olaf,

If the update from internet gives you problems please download and install the regular full installer from the website. I haven't had any problems updating from the update warning and I have not received any reports on this.

LOTW synchronization works fine with 5.97c. If you are using Windows Vista or higher it's very important to follow this:

- If you have Swisslog installed in C:\Program Files you must disable UAC
- ALWAYS run the installer as administrator (right mouse button)
- Even if you have installed Swisslog in C:\Swisslog I highly recommend to force running as administrator. Otherwise you can get many problems when using Swisslog linked with other programs such as WSJT-X, MixW etc
- Make sure your antivirus or firewall is not blocking Swisslog. Some of them (specially AVG, AVAST and Panda) even block the installation

Please contact me directly via whatsapp to my phone +34656409020 to make a remote connection via Teamviewer and check online what's happening. There are many users using this new version without problems (I'm using it myself in 3 different computers perfectly and I have just made a LotW synchronization in my shack computer) so something strange happens there.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
06-01-2018, 12:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 03:27 PM by dl7cx.)
Hello Jordi,

many thanks for your great help via teamviewer and for solving the problem via my wrong proxy number.

So all works correct now and I see know so more new features with SWISSLOG and other hamprogramms together.

Adios HNY de Olaf dl7cx#
12-01-2018, 11:42 AM,
Hi Jordy,

the new 5.97c works like a charm !
I'm very excited about the new Bandplan feature. Love the customization that gives users lot of flexibility!
I do also like the online logs facilities.

Well done !
Fulvio HB9DHG