Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabrillo files
20-02-2018, 11:06 AM,
Cabrillo files
Hi,

I'd like to export my ARLL CW log in Cabrillo format, what can I do ?

Thanks in advance.

All the best and 73"
HB9IIO
Daniel
20-02-2018, 12:41 PM,
RE: Cabrillo files
(20-02-2018, 11:06 AM)hb9iio Wrote: Hi,

I'd like to export my ARLL CW log in Cabrillo format, what can I do ?

Thanks in advance.

All the best and 73"
HB9IIO
Daniel

A solution is to use one of the software ADIF to Cabrillo converters. So, export to ADIF and then convert to Cabrillo. Such an example is at http://www.sp7dqr.pl/download/download.php?id=119

There are others if you do not like this one.

Hopefully Cabrillo will one day become native to Swisslog so we can upload our contest files directly to the Contest Server.

Erik.
20-02-2018, 07:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 24-02-2018, 11:55 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi all,

Cabrillo is a format used exclusively for contest. It's used to send QSOs, exchange and contest information to contest managers. Cabrillo included contest name, category, claimed score, contest exchange (which is very different on every contest). Swisslog is a logging program not a contest program though implements a very basic contest features :increment RST sent number automatically to be used as serial number exchange and dupe checking in a range of dates. But it's not prepared at all to include and handle contest needed information such as category, different exchanges, points, multipliers etc.

There are many good contest applications (even for free such as N1MM) which handles all contests, scoring, multipliers and all things related to contest. Of course they all implement the option to export into Cabrillo format including the requested information for contest managers: claimed score, category etc.

When you want to work in a contest the best way is to use any of the nice available contest applications. At the end of the contest then you generate the Cabrillo to be sent to the contest manager. Afterwards, you may generate the ADIF file to be imported in Swisslog to keep your log updated for statistics, etc. This way you will be using the best of both worlds: logging and contesting. Fast and easy! ;-) Even if you only want to work in a contest as checking list, it's much better to use any contest program instead of logging directly to Swisslog.

As you may understand there is not need to try to implement Cabrillo format in Swisslog where lot of information will be missed and will require lot of user post manual editing. I would do it if adding Cabrillo would be easy. But, believe me, any simple thing (from user point of view) need many many hours of programming. Adding Cabrillo needs more than this and at the end user will need to edit manually the file because there will be lot of information not included on it. Why make things harder when a contest application does the job perfectly and you can import all QSOs to Swisslog?

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
22-02-2018, 05:48 PM,
Hi all,

Thanks for our answers, I have to think more about that.

Best 73"
HB9IIO
Dan