Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT about Club Log
20-02-2018, 10:14 PM,
IMPORTANT about Club Log
Dear users,

Club Log is migrating their servers to only allow SSL connections with TLS 1.2. In fact, realtime deletion is using TLS 1.2 since some days ago. You will get a "server not responding error" if you try to delete a QSO (if you are using the realtime Club Log logging) and QSO won't be deleted from Club Log. Realtime saving, DXCC query and Logbook upload still work well. This change will affect all applications using the Club Log API functions: upload, delete, DXCC query etc. 

After contacting to Club Log author, Michael G7VJR, he told me that full migration will be finished not later than 6 months. So I'm working now to implement SSL allowing TLS 1.2 connections in Club Log which I expect to get ready shortly and release a new version.

This change will affect ALL Windows XP users because TLS 1.2 is not supported by Windows XP. This means that you won't be able to use any Club Log functions in next Swisslog version if you are using Windows XP. Keep in mind that this is not a Swisslog issue but a Club Log change and I have to adapt Swisslog before regular non secured links don't work any more.

Windows XP is obsolete nowadays so it's time to upgrade your computer to a newer operating system. My suggestion is to upgrade to Windows 10. Despite many people don't like Windows 10, it's the best operating system made by Microsoft. I have vast experience since Windows 3.1 and I know what I'm talking about. If your hardware is not compatible I suggest to install Windows 7. Windows 7 works even in old Pentium 4 processor. If you are using Windows Vista PLEASE upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 10! Windows Vista has many performance issues so you won't regret it. 

Sorry for the bad news but you are advised.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog