Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic update of received e-qsls?
05-03-2018, 12:25 PM,
Automatic update of received e-qsls?
Updating the received e-qsls in Swisslog is a time consuming task. Is there an automated way of doing this?
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
05-03-2018, 07:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2018, 07:53 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Automatic update of received e-qsls?
Hi Tom,

As I replied you this question one year ago, my intention is to work in a full eQSL synchronization supporting multicallsigns (as it's now performed with eQSL upload). But users have to be aware of the complexity of this task. I'm not the original programmer and it's very difficult to implement in the Swisslog project. I'm working in the shadows during the last 3 years trying to learn as much as possible of the Swisslog code and I have started to work on it. My intention is to work on it this year but it's a very complex and hard task. i hope to succeed but i can't promiss anything. As most of you know I don't give up easily, but implementing an automated eQSL synch function in the Swisslog code is not an easy task.

I know that registering manually eQSL confirmations is a huge task. But at least, user can do it now easily since I implement the choice from the Register QSL card function. I know it's now the best solution but at least you have a simple way to do it.

Be patient! but I'm facing lots of difficulties to implement it. Now i'm working on other important things to leave version 5.97 stable enough. Afterwards I will start working on this function. I spend hundreds of hours with Swisslog (you can't imagine how many!). Some small things from user's point of view result many times in a nightmare to me fighting with the code. But don't hesitate that now eQSL full synch function is my main challenge.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog