Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfering ADIF files
06-04-2018, 11:34 PM,
Transfering ADIF files
Yes I just downloaded SWL today.  Been working for hours just trying to get my adif file into it.  Can't seem to understand how to get it into the log.
Guess I am over looking something but seems awful confusing to me to just transfer my existing log over to SWL.  Any help would be appreciated I
have given up as of now, hi.    Huh

Thanks,
Ron N7RD
07-04-2018, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2018, 12:35 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Transfering ADIF files
Hi Ron,

First of all I understand that you have read the Quick Start and Setup guide you will find in the website and in the Help file, upon the chapter "READ THIS FIRST / Getting started with Swisslog".

Afterwards, you have to go to File / Import QSOs / ADIF file and follow the steps. At the final stage you have to select the MyQTH you want to assign the imported QSOs. Swisslog recognises all standard ADIF 3.0.8 fields. Swisslog will ask to assign unknown of custom application fields (the ones beginning with APP_) but when asked simply OK and the importation process will continue. If you have many APP_ fields from a particular program you have to know the exact content. Only award content is important (specific award references etc) in order to assign them to the right field in Swisslog.  But if you don't have any award reference from a particular important award in any APP ADIF field you can simply accept all warnings messages. Maybe it prompts to select the right band /mode if the one found is not recognised.

Please read the IMPORT QSO chapter in help to know how the import function works. It's explained in detail.

If you have any doubt please feel free to send me an e-mail to support@swisslogforwindows.com explaining in detail the exact problems you have. If you send me the ADIF file I can take a look as well.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
07-04-2018, 09:59 PM,
Jordi, thanks so much. I am slow learner but finally got log transferred. I can see I am going to have to read a lot to figure out the program. Been using Log4OM and trying to make the change over to Swiss Log. I appreciate all the help and best of 73 to you and yours from Arizona.

Regards,
Ron N7RD
08-04-2018, 12:26 PM,
Hi Ron,

I know it's hard changing to another software because all works very different. But give Swisslog a try and you will see the possibilities and power offers. You will get help by just pressing F1 from most functions. Or you can see help contents.

If you have any questions don't hesitate t ocontact me by e-mail or posting a message in the forum.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog