Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Azimuth Indicator Pointer Won't move
14-06-2018, 10:13 AM,
Azimuth Indicator Pointer Won't move
I have a SPID RAU rotator which I have set to the Yaesu GS-232.
It works with the following exceptions.
Next to word Rotor in blue in middle top of screen is blank.
The Red pointer on the Azimuth Indicator does not move.
If you double click a bearing on it ie 270 degrees it waits about 2 seconds then the rotator starts to move,
But the Red Pointer stays on Zero. 
The rotator is set to start when SWL loads.
The Red Pointer remains at 0 degrees
The top left of the Azimuth box never changes and says "Azimuth"
This is being used with a Microkeyer II set at 1200,0,8,1.

73 de Cliff  G4VJI
14-06-2018, 01:35 PM,
RE: Azimuth Indicator Pointer Won't move
Hello Cliff,

First of all, are you using latest version 5.97k? If not please download and update.

If Swisslog is not reading bearing and you have a big delay starting moving I guess it could be due to wrong COM port settings. Please try to setup your rotor in another program to see if it works properly (i.e. N1MM). If working well set the same COM port settings in Swisslog.

Please try different COM baud speeds (starting with 9600 then testing lower speeds such as 4800 or 2400) to see if works. Set start bits 8, stop bits 1 and no parity. But Swisslog has no problem using the GS-232 option supporting both A and B protocols. Check your interface if you have any option to set COM baud rate. It's important that baud rate matches in the interface with the one set in the controlling software.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
14-06-2018, 01:52 PM,
(14-06-2018, 01:35 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Jordi
Yes am using 5.97k. The SPID is set at 1200,8,0,1 there is no other choice, so no problem there.
Its obviously a comms problem, but when I rotate the dial on 7600 the frequency changes instantaneously.
So a weird one to be sure. Will try N1 logger and see what happens.
73 de Cliff G4VJI

Hello Cliff,

First of all, are you using latest version 5.97k? If not please download and update.

If Swisslog is not reading bearing and you have a big delay starting moving I guess it could be due to wrong COM port settings. Please try to setup your rotor in another program to see if it works properly (i.e. N1MM). If working well set the same COM port settings in Swisslog.

Please try different COM baud speeds (starting with 9600 then testing lower speeds such as 4800 or 2400) to see if works. Set start bits 8, stop bits 1 and no parity. But Swisslog has no problem using the GS-232 option supporting both A and B protocols. Check your interface if you have any option to set COM baud rate. It's important that baud rate matches in the interface with the one set in the controlling software.

Best 73
14-06-2018, 02:04 PM,
Swisslog reads bearing every 750ms. This has to be done to avoid reading rotor changes of less than 5 degrees (gear tolerance).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
14-06-2018, 04:51 PM,
(14-06-2018, 02:04 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Swisslog reads bearing every 750ms. This has to be done to avoid reading rotor changes of less than 5 degrees (gear tolerance).

Best 73

This might help Jordi, I changed the interface on the SPID to Hygain DCU1 pathfinder (the only choice of Hygain.
Rebooted the controller and restarted SWL:-
Now the rotor on the top shows the bearing from the Azimuth screen, when you click on another bearing on the Azimuth screen the red pointer moves to it and the Rotor bearing on the top changes as well.
Unfortunately the controller does not change the bearing on the rotator.
So almost there and I do have some hair left, am 73 next month so am doing well !!

73 de Cliff G4VJI
14-06-2018, 07:26 PM,
Really curious!!! Maybe you will have to spend more time changing more parameters and using the GS-232 interface until works well. But at least, you have it working partially now.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV