Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recover Logs
05-07-2018, 11:59 PM,
Recover Logs
Due to a mishap with my computer system, I recently lost all the logs of previous QSOs. All QSO are logged with LOTW, but I do not  know how to recover them and restore them to Swisslog.  Any suggestions are most welcome, and can be emailed to: zs1agh@telkomsa.net
06-07-2018, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 09:37 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Recover Logs
Hello,

Configure LoTW synchronization in Swisslog and force a full synch by setting 01/01/1900 in the QSO since field in the Get LoTW QSO first step, enabling this option (you can uncheck the QSL option at this time). Start synch to download all your LoTW QSOs uploaded to LoTW in the LoTW folder (the file with the format LoTWQSOS_yyyymmdd. adi) . Afterwards you can go to File / import QSO and import this file into Swisslog. If you uploaded QSOs to any online logbook you can also download your QSOs from these logbooks.

It's really important to keep at least 2 backup copies. Murphy appears often and we must be prepared for this. Computers, hard disks, fail suddenly sometimes without any previous advice. A good option is the use of a cloud drive such as Mega, DropBox, and place the Swisslog database in the shared folder of these clouds. By using their sync software you will always have an automatic backup in your cloud.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need further explanation.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog