Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DX-Cluster problem
17-08-2018, 04:26 PM,
DX-Cluster problem
Hi
I have updated to the latest Swisslog Version yesterday and when I open the Window DX-Cluster and right mouse click: start internet, I get nothing .... what have I forgotten to activate?
Guenter
OE1GQA
17-08-2018, 08:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-08-2018, 08:31 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: DX-Cluster problem
Hello Guenter,

The Start internet option does nothing in current version (I will delete this option in next version, the same I deleted the Start button located in the buttons toolbar of the DX message window). This option was disabled in 5.97:

Changed: deleted the option to read DX spots from internet (Dx Summit). This option needed much CPU power causing many problems and it's obsolete now. Users must connect to any Telnet server by using the integrated Telnet support.

You have to connect to a Telnet server to receive DX spots which is the best way. Read the Quick start and configuration guide here:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...isslog.htm

Please make sure the "Time diff to UTC" is set correctly in every of your My QTH. Otherwise Swisslog won't calculate correctly the Spot Lifetime which can cause no spots displayed. Now in Spain is 2 (positive values only!). Spot lifetime is another new function added in version 5.97. Please read the DX message associated help by pressing F1 while having the focus on this window. 

If you upgraded from a very old version I suggest you read all the news and changes made since your last version (there have been many changes and added many interesting news!)

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
18-08-2018, 09:04 AM,
Thumbs Up  RE: DX-Cluster problem
Hi Jordi

its running now fine :-) thanks a lot for the help

yes, you are right, reading the news is an important thing ;-)

Guenter / OE1GQA