Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Program crash
18-08-2018, 10:39 PM,
Report: Program crash
Since I installed version 5.8 I have a constant problem with swisslog that crashes. Is there a new DLL file or some other driver that is "renewed"? First I thought it was my new video card or RF problem, but this is not the case. I get the error message "List out of bounce" and it repeats every time I spin the VFO dile??? Could it be a CAT problem inside the program? I don't know if other people experience the same problem?

N1MM runs flowless.....

73 Marc
19-08-2018, 04:58 PM,
RE: Report: Program crash
Hi Marc,

I haven't changed anything and there is no new DLL. Could you please explain better your Swisslog setup, open windows etc? I need to try to reproduce your problem here and I need to know exactly your setup (Cat control, etc). I usr Swisslog everyday linked with JTDX doing lots of QSOs without any issues.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
19-08-2018, 05:41 PM,
I forgot to told you some very important hints:

- If you are using Windows Vista or higher you need to run all ham radio applications with administrator rights (mouse right click over the EXE file, Properties / compatibility then check the Run as administrator checkbox. You have to do this in Swisslog JTDX, OmnIrig and all ham radio applications. Also you habe to disable UAC (User Account Control). This is a mist specially when program are installed in the Program Files folder because is protected by the operating system. Regular windows user doesn't have full administrator rights and all programs installed in Program File are really working with a copy in the Vortual Store (another folder). A real bundle...
- Add an exception for every ham radio program in your antivirus and firewall (both!!) to allow all incoming/outgoing communications. Most antivirus/firewall tend to look out a lot applications having many incoming/outgoing connections (and ham radio applications do this!) blocking nearly everything.

If you follow the above rules you won't have any problem at all.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
20-08-2018, 09:46 PM,
(19-08-2018, 05:41 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: I forgot to told you some very important hints:

- If you are using Windows Vista or higher you need to run all ham radio applications with administrator rights (mouse right click over the EXE file, Properties / compatibility then check the Run as administrator checkbox. You have to do this in Swisslog  JTDX, OmnIrig and all ham radio applications. Also you habe to disable UAC (User Account Control). This is a mist specially when program are installed in the Program Files folder because is protected by the operating system. Regular windows user doesn't have full administrator rights and all programs installed in Program File are really working with a copy in the Vortual Store (another folder). A real bundle...
- Add an exception for every ham radio program in your antivirus and firewall (both!!) to allow all incoming/outgoing communications. Most antivirus/firewall tend to look out a lot applications having many incoming/outgoing connections (and ham radio applications do this!) blocking nearly everything.

If you follow the above rules you won't have any problem at all.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit version and have the administrator rights on. In my crash report I see it crashes on the DLL file msado15.dll. UAC is off. I also tried to reinstall but still the same....
20-08-2018, 11:41 PM,
Hi Marc,

I have been able to reproduce the list out of bound error! I'm working on it... Please be patient, I will release 5.98a shortly with some importants correctiosn (like this one). Maybe tomorrow I will upload a patch so that you can test. I will keep you informed.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
21-08-2018, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 21-08-2018, 08:24 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Marc,

Please download this patch:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Replace the EXE and let me know if the "List out of bounce" error message is solved. This happened if you have any band map.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
22-08-2018, 10:51 PM,
(21-08-2018, 08:21 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Marc,

Please download this patch:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Replace the EXE and let me know if the "List out of bounce" error message is solved. This happened if you have any band map.

Best 73

Nice Jordi!

I will test it thoroughly throughout the week now and see if the problem still occurs Jordi! Many thanks for your help already!!