Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eqsl, same callsign, different qth and different nicknames
11-09-2018, 01:12 PM,
Eqsl, same callsign, different qth and different nicknames
Hello Jordi, and tnx for our qso on FT8 August 31 (I was OH6VDA). That qso was made from my summer qth in KP12, as opposed to my regular qth in KP20. Now, is there a way that Swisslog can syncronise with multiple accounts for the same call - OH6VDA? E-qsl does not allow for a change of the locator, and says I have to have a new account for each qth. 

73 de Tom OH6VDA.
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
11-09-2018, 02:03 PM,
RE: Eqsl, same callsign, different qth and different nicknames
Hello Tom,

I didn't know you were OH6VDA! Nice!

You need to create the same eQSL accounts as different Swisslog MyQTh you have. In this case, if you operated from a different grid, you have to create a new eQSL account for this operation. If this operation was only for this summer, you have to set a period of valid dates. Otherwise you have to create your Summer MyQTh (setting KP12 grid) and create a new eQSL account with the same information and remember to set a QTH Nickname and set it in the eQSL configuration in Swisslog.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
11-09-2018, 02:34 PM,
Yaeh, after reading the Manual(!) I found that out. It is a flaw with eqsl, that one has to make a new eqsl account everytime I operate from the sommer qth - our cottage - not likely to change in the future. No, I have operated from there since april this year, and I wanted to. Delete the qsos mate from the summer place from the regular account and upload them to the new account, but I was denied deleting the qsos that were already conformed. So, I1m sorry, our qso that I made from KP12cl, in qsl it will be confirmed from KP20mf. Unless eqsl will modify so a set of ranges will be allowed, as I never operate from different qths simultaneously (it is possible with remot, I know, but I don't do that)
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
11-09-2018, 02:38 PM,
(11-09-2018, 02:03 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Jordi, Tom,

May I add something as an eQSL AB member :

We know that managing several QTH's for the same callsign is not that simple.
You cannot use overlapping dates, so you are obliged to set an end to your Home account, create a new attached one for the summer, portable ...QTH and create again your home account afterwards
Reason why many hams use suffixes.../p..../a..../1,2,3....  or the full reference of their SOTA activations !!! Confused

Dave, N5UP  is working on a solution for highly mobile stations
12-09-2018, 09:48 PM,
Hi all,

Yes, a good solution would be something like this:

- Your original eQSL account for OH6VDA from KP20: start date: i.e. 01/01/1990, end date: the date just after you started in your summer place.
- Create your Summer place in KP12: set the start/end date according your operation dates and setting your grid in KP12
- Create a new eQSL for OH6VDA (with a different QTH nickname): start date: just after you ended up your summer operation. Again with your grid as KP20

Summing up: because you never overlap operation dates you simply have to create as many eQSL accounts as different dates. In Swisslog you will have to create the same MyQTHs in order to link them to eQSL accounts and also to LoTW station locations.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog