Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WSJT-X UDP Settings Ok, but no RST reports
24-09-2018, 06:56 PM,
WSJT-X UDP Settings Ok, but no RST reports
Dear friends,

Although I have made the settings for UDP Server in the WSJT-X software according to the Swisslog Help, after clicking the LOG QSO button, the QSO information is sent to the Log in Swisslog, minus the RST's sent and received.

I tested with JTDX using the settings for TCP Server and it worked perfectly ..

Did someone have the same problem?
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
24-09-2018, 08:24 PM,
RE: WSJT-X UDP Settings Ok, but no RST reports
Hello Fernando,

Are you using the latest version of JTDX 18.1.92? I use JTDX daily and I have never had any problem. Full QSO data stream is sent to Swisslog after clicking the Log QSO button (or if you have enabled automatic logging, just after JTDX receives the RR73 or RRR). Make sure you add an exception to Swisslog and JTDX in your antivirus and firewall to ensure it's not blocking the UDP communication. Use also latest Swisslov version 5.98b. There have been changes in the data stream sent by WSJT-X /JTDX. If you use old versions of these programs this could be the reason.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
24-09-2018, 08:41 PM,
(24-09-2018, 08:24 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Fernando,

Are you using the latest version of JTDX 18.1.92? I use JTDX daily and I have never had any problem. Full QSO data stream is sent to Swisslog after clicking the Log QSO button (or if you have enabled automatic logging, just after JTDX receives the RR73 or RRR). Make sure you add an exception to Swisslog and JTDX in your antivirus and firewall to ensure it's not blocking the UDP communication. Use also latest Swisslov version 5.98b. There have been changes in the data stream sent by WSJT-X /JTDX. If you use old versions of these programs this could be the reason.

Best 73

Hello Jordi.

Many thanks for your help.

I will install the latest version of WSJT-X and JTDX, and inform you the results.

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
25-09-2018, 01:44 PM,
(24-09-2018, 08:41 PM)py1fr Wrote:
(24-09-2018, 08:24 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Fernando,

Best 73

Hello Jordi.

Many thanks for your help.

I will install the latest version of WSJT-X and JTDX, and inform you the results.

73!

Hello Jordi,

I upgraded the JTDX software and it only works well using TCP mode.
In UDP mode at the end of the QSO an error message appears.
I'm using TCP mode then, and everything is ok.

In WSJT-X at the end of the QSO, the RST send and receive are not transferred to the swisslog.

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
26-09-2018, 01:03 AM,
Hi Fernando,

Did you add an exception to Swisslog and WSJT-X or JTDX to your antivirus and firewall? (both!). If you use Windows Vista or higher, it's very important you force running Swisslog and WSJT-X/JTDX as administrator (mouse right click in the EXE file of every program, select Properties > Compatibility then check Run as administrator). This way you ensure both programs are using all systems resources. Regular windows user doesn't have full administrator rights and this cause lots of problems.

If you still have problems contact me to my whatsapp +34656409020 or e-mail to arrange a Teamviewer session to check online what may happen.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
23-02-2019, 10:04 PM,
Hi Jordi

I have silimilar problem wit communication. I use WSJT X but there is not possible to send RST from WSJT X. Callsign is send standard way but RST + QRG not. If I fill it and save it manually then is not possible to send nothing -I have to close window "Entry of QSOs" and open agin then work.

1. Using W8.1 - both programs run as administrator
2. stopped firewall and antivirus
3. uninstalled a new installed both programs Swisslog v 5.99 and 5.99a tested
I tested also running SW in compatible mode WINDOWS XP-SP3
4. checked UDP comunication and changed number of UDP Port

Does not help. I did a long investigation but now any idea.Could you plese suppose any solution?

BR
73! Vilem , OK1VP
25-02-2019, 04:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-02-2019, 04:46 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Vilem,

PLEASE don't run Swisslog in compatibility mode with Windows XP or any other compatibility method. The RST and frequency are sent AFTER the QSO is logged in WSJT-X (after pressing the Log QSO button). During the UDP link, only Callsign, mode and QTH locator are sent from WSJT-X. WSJT-X sends all other fields to external programs, just after pressing the LOG QSO button.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
26-02-2019, 01:49 PM,
Hi Gents,

the same Problem was here with sending report. RX Report was in Log TX report not. And i have hat also any other small problems with Swisslog after many years of update the SwissLog.

Now i have don a complete new install with the recent Version and:

All worked perfectetely

Maybe a way to heaven Angel
27-02-2019, 08:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-02-2019, 08:24 PM by OK1VP.)
(25-02-2019, 04:44 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Vilem,

PLEASE don't run Swisslog in compatibility mode with Windows XP or any other compatibility method. The RST and frequency are sent AFTER the QSO is logged in WSJT-X (after pressing the Log QSO button). During the UDP link, only Callsign, mode and QTH locator are sent from WSJT-X. WSJT-X sends all other fields to external programs, just after pressing the LOG QSO button.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

I did it as first- not help, install new installation and set admin right and stop blocking port plus program in the firewall. No help.

BR
Vilem
28-02-2019, 12:32 AM,
Hi Vilem,

Which version of WSJT-X are you using? Please contact me tomorrow via whatsapp (+34 656409020) or e-mail (support@swisslogforwindows.com) to arrange a Teamviewer session and see online what may happen because it should work.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV