Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band Map Do Not Show nothing
24-09-2018, 11:49 PM,
Band Map Do Not Show nothing
Hi my friends,
My Band Map screen do not show any station.
I made a connect cluster via  W3LPL Server, and that screen shows many spots.

Any Help please?

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
25-09-2018, 01:24 AM,
RE: Band Map Do Not Show nothing
Hello Fernando,

Make sure you have set the right time difference to UTC in your My QTH (positive numbers!). Right click on band map and select "Criterions for Dx message". Make sure you have checked at least SSB, CW or RTTY to display the corresponding spots according the band plan. The default spot lifetime is 60 minutes. If you have set to see ALL you should see all spots entered in the server.

If you still have problems please contact me via whatsapp to my phone number (or by email) to arrange a Teamviewer session.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
25-09-2018, 01:37 PM,
(25-09-2018, 01:24 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Fernando,

Make sure you have set the right time difference to UTC in your My QTH (positive numbers!). Right click on band map and select "Criterions for Dx message". Make sure you have checked at least SSB, CW or RTTY to display the corresponding spots according the band plan. The default spot lifetime is 60 minutes. If you have set to see ALL you should see all spots entered in the server.

If you still have problems please contact me via whatsapp to my phone number (or by email) to arrange a Teamviewer session.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

Many thanks for your help.

I do not know why, but the Band Map suddenly worked yesterday, without me making any changes, just rebooting the software.
Today when I return home I will test and if I have any problems I will contact you.

My UTC setting is -3, since I'm in the city of Rio de Janeiro.

The Swisslog, always asks and informs me that there is a difference between the Windows time and the log time. Is my adjustment correct?

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
26-09-2018, 12:55 AM,
Hi Fernando,

As I told you yesterday the time difference must be positive numbers! When Swisslog ask you to adjust just press Yes to use Windows settings. In your My QTH you have to set 3 (positive) as time difference to UTC.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
26-09-2018, 03:24 AM,
Hi My Friend Jordi,

Unfortunately the Log is not working well.
My city, Rio de Janeiro, stays - 3 hours in relation to the UTC Time, I followed its recommendation and I set it to 3 positive, as a difference to UTC. Now my QSO's are 6 hours less than the UTC time. I always use UTC time in my logs.
How to solve this problem?
My Band Map screen and DX Cluster messages, have stopped working.

I really need help in order to use Swisslog.

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
26-09-2018, 11:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-09-2018, 10:39 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Fernando,

Don't add the plus sign. In Spain now the time difference to UTC is - 2 hours. But in the "Time difference to UTC" 2 must be defined and it's working perfectly here. I don't know why you have so many problems with this because in Brazil it's the same case, just one hour less.

Erik, EI4KF told me he was helping you remotely and only by setting -3 worked for you. I will try to change the window regional settings in my computer to try to reproduce your scenario (that is, setting Portuguese language and Brazil as time zone region). I did a test some time ago by changing time zone to USA and Australia and I didn't have to set minus sign because Swisslog automatically detect if time difference is lower or higher. Maybe i find out something wrong when changing all this but there are Swislsog users around the world and I have never been reported of similar issues regarding UTC Time difference.

Again, if you need personal assistance I need you contact me to arrange a Teamviewer session to check online what may happen.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
28-09-2018, 04:11 PM,
(26-09-2018, 11:44 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Fernando,

Don't add the plus sign. In Spain now the time difference to UTC is - 2 hours. But in the "Time difference to UTC" 2 must be defined and it's working perfectly here. I don't know why you have so many problems with this because in Brazil it's the same case, just one hour less.

Erik, EI4KF told me he was helping you remotely and only by setting -3 worked for you. I will try to change the window regional settings in my computer to try to reproduce your scenario (that is, setting Portuguese language and Brazil as time zone region). I did a test some time ago by changing time zone to USA and Australia and I didn't have to set minus sign because Swisslog automatically detect if time difference is lower or higher. Maybe i find out something wrong when changing all this but there are Swislsog users around the world and I have never been reported of similar issues regarding UTC Time difference.

Again, if you need personal assistance I need you contact me to arrange a Teamviewer session to check online what may happen.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

Eric is trying to help another colleague here in Brazil, Miguel PY5HOT, the Clusters issue is working, depending on the cluster choice.
The main problem now is the freezing of the screen or the unexpected closure of the software.

I am going to copntate with you through wattsapp for a section via TeamViewer.

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil