Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program Crashes
25-09-2018, 08:04 PM,
Program Crashes
Dear All,

after some testing .. I can confirm that since I'm using Swisslog 5.98x, the program crashes regularly after I leave it open for hours.
Programs are configured to run as admin.
I don't know what else I can check. I also have lot of issues in sync'ing the LOTW QSOs (they still remain as "Uploaded" even if full re-sync)

Jordi, if you need anything from me let me know, otherwise I will continue to debug the issue.

Sorry for the bad report Wink

73 de HB9DHG Fulvio
25-09-2018, 08:43 PM,
RE: Program Crashes
Hi Fulvio,

Please add an exception to Swisslog and WSJT-X and other radio programs you use linked with Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall. (both!). Since latest windows updates some users have experiences this strange behaviour (above all those using Windows Defender). I use it daily with no problems under W10 64 bits.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
25-09-2018, 09:52 PM,
(25-09-2018, 08:43 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Fulvio,

Please add an exception to Swisslog and WSJT-X and other radio programs you use linked with Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall. (both!). Since latest windows updates some users have experiences this strange behaviour (above all those using Windows Defender). I use it daily with no problems under W10 64 bits.

Best 73

Thanks Jordi,

I don't use WSJT-X and I have no Antivirus apart Windows Defender.
I have installed 5.97.. no issues. 5.98x crash . .and exit itself.
I will check again any FW settings but never had problems prior 5.97 (programs are configured to run as admin)

I'll keep you posted 
HB9DHG Fulvio
26-09-2018, 01:06 AM,
Hi Fulvio,

Add an exception to Swisslog in Windows Defender as well as Windows firewall. I know other similar cases with Defender causing this behaviour since latest updates. Are you using 5.98b? I use it everyday with no problems. If you still have problems contact me to my whatsapp +34656409020 or e-mail to arrange a Teamviewer session to check online what may happen.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
26-09-2018, 10:48 PM,
(26-09-2018, 01:06 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Fulvio,

Add an exception to Swisslog in Windows Defender as well as Windows firewall. I know other similar cases with Defender causing this behaviour since latest updates. Are you using 5.98b? I use it everyday with no problems. If you still have problems contact me to my whatsapp +34656409020 or e-mail to arrange a Teamviewer session to check online what may happen.

Best 73

Ciao Jordi,

yes, using version 5.98b.
I will add an exception to Windows Defender as well as Windows Firewall.
I will keep you posted asap.

Gracias es 73
HB9DHG Fulvio
26-09-2018, 11:41 PM,
Hi Fulvio,

I have left running Swisslog in 3 different computers the whole night (more than 10 hours) and in the morning Swisslog was running perfectly in all 3 computers. Another user had the same problem and after adding the exception to Defender and Windows Firewall all was solved.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
27-09-2018, 08:25 PM,
(26-09-2018, 11:41 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Fulvio,

I have left running Swisslog in 3 different computers the whole night (more than 10 hours) and in the morning Swisslog was running perfectly in all 3 computers. Another user had the same problem and after adding the exception to Defender and Windows Firewall all was solved.

Best 73

Hi Jordi, 

I played with the settings and I had 'some' good news.
By enabling the "public" network under the Firewall (Windows 10), Swisslog was able to run perfectly yesterday, all day of today and this evening. Then crashed, but MUCH more better. Version 5.97 works flawlessly even with the "public" option unchecked.

I now added an exclusion to the Virus Settings Defender.
Have a look at the attached pictures.
I will let the program running for the next days Smile

73 de HB9DHG Fulvio

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

27-09-2018, 11:27 PM,
Hi Fulvio,

As I told you, some antivirus gives false positive or interfere in the normal functioning of Swisslog: Panda and AVAST are good examples. Now seems Defender is also one of them. The same applies to Firewalls. That's the reason I insist a LOT to add exceptions to all ham radio programs in your firewall and antivirus. Ham radio programs perform many incoming/outgoing communications via TCP/UDP etc and the extrict control of many firewalls/antivirus affect the overall performance of many ham radio programs (such as Swisslog). I don't have any problems at all but I added exceptions to all my ham radio programs in my firewall and antivirus.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
28-09-2018, 07:17 PM,
Ciao Jordi,
everything is good with 5.97. Since yesterday the program run fine, so .. much better than before after opening the private network into Firewall and simply allowed ALL my Hamradio folder (with all programs) into Windows defender, but this evening at 18:35 the program has shut down itself.
I now added OneDrive also under my my Firewall exceptions and let's see if this solve my issue.
For your details ... here are my working conditions :

- OSX 10.14 latest
- VMware Fusion 10.1.3
- Windows 10pro latest update (version 1803: build 17134.285)
- OneDrive folder where I host all my MDB Logs
- H:\Hamradio (folder with all ham radio software)

I will monitor the situation during this weekend (CQWW RTTY)
73 de HB9DHG Fulvio
01-10-2018, 04:59 PM,
Hi Fulvio,

Please download the latest patch where I have made a modification that maybe it's the reason of the program crash:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Simply replace the EXE and leave Swisslog running for many hours.

I'm planning to release 5.98c this or next week with some news and important corrections. I have also optimized the Band Map code and now will use much less CPU power.

Please let me know something by using the patch these days beforei release the new version.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV