Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmed QSL file of LoTW (DXCC_QSLs)
01-10-2018, 12:45 PM,
Confirmed QSL file of LoTW (DXCC_QSLs)
With the new version of SWISSLOG 5.98b it is possible to import the confirmed QSL file of LoTW (DXCC_QSLs), to have a perfect match of the callsigns accredited in LoTW? So that the callsign credited to LoTW is the same one marked in SWISSLOG?

Thanks Fabrizio IK6DLK
01-10-2018, 01:56 PM,
RE: Confirmed QSL file of LoTW (DXCC_QSLs)
Hello Fabrizio,

Since 5.98, during LoTW synchronization, Swisslog is able to read the the following fields (if present in the ADIF downloaded from LoTW):

CREDIT_GRANTED
CREDIT_SUBMITTED
LOTW_CREDIT_GRANTED
LOTW_CREDIT_SUBMITTED

In the Info QSL tab in Add QSO, you will find a field called "Credits" which will contain a list of credits granted by LoTW (it's the field L_LOTW_CREDIT_GRANTED). You can also check if you have contents in the above fields if you open a logbook view including these fields (Online logbooks status, located in the Logbooks folder).

The file you mention (DXCC QSLs) includes also credits granted from confirmations by QSL card you submitted for the DXCC award. However there is some missing info. Records included prior to 1997 contain the QSO date always as 1st January. Only the year is correct. No QSO time and even mode or band may not be included. Mode is not following current ADIF specifications. As you can see it's really very difficult to find a proper match in your log with so many lack of important information.

I know there is a third party software for Log4OM which handles this file and import data into Log4OM. But the author have to make many assumptions of imported data, presenting many options user have to choose. It's a nice tool but because there are many missing information in this file it's very difficult to do an automatic and accurated importation.

I hope some day they offer a proper information in this file and I would work on a function to read this file and set the credits.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog