Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SwissLog run with Wine on Debian
25-04-2019, 08:48 PM,
RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian
For interest second and new problem with initalization error is possible fxed (Wine 2.12 and newest) with start winecfg go to library and mtxdm.dll and comsvcs.dll mark as native (native only!) May help someone.
27-04-2019, 11:47 PM,
Hi Josef,

I would appreaciate if you can send me a message or e-mail explaining the necessary steps to install Swisslog in Linux. This way I can keep this info for future questions about this matter because I'm not a Linux user.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-05-2019, 04:40 PM,
Hello
The swisslog in ubuntu already works, but now I would like to try to configure it, to synchronize with fldigi and other soft for digital (which I suppose will have to be in windows version working in wine)
I would also need to operate COM ports in wine

TKS and 73's de EB1ESK
01-05-2019, 06:17 PM,
(01-05-2019, 04:40 PM)EB1ESK Wrote: Hello
The swisslog in ubuntu already works, but now I would like to try to configure it, to synchronize with fldigi and other soft for digital (which I suppose will have to be in windows version working in wine)
I would also need to operate COM ports in wine

TKS and 73's de EB1ESK

Does the software look for the USB port? or does it look for a serial port?  On windows, your device is likely to show up as some sort of COM port, but it could have some wonky VIDTongueID that would force Windows to use some custom driver.   On a proper OS, the device is likely to show up as /dev/ttyUSBxx or /dev/ttyACMxx.  These are going to owned by root and group uucp.

I don't do anything serious in wine, but I would wager that you need to map the /dev/USBxx node to a "COM" port under wine's configuration, then tell your software to use that port

please see : http://g8ogj.org/files/Using%20USB%20ser...%20ipb.pdf

73 Josef
01-05-2019, 06:39 PM,
(27-04-2019, 11:47 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Josef,

I would appreaciate if you can send me a message or e-mail explaining the necessary steps to install Swisslog in Linux. This way I can keep this info for future questions about this matter because I'm not a Linux user.

Best 73

ok sure Jordi
05-05-2019, 05:54 PM,
Hi.
Thanks for the tips.
I will try to make everything work.
Thanks and regards.
EB1ESK
29-02-2020, 11:11 AM,
Hi.
I have been using swisslog for a while without problems but, when trying to add a new QTH or working conditions I have a problem and I cannot finish.
box with the following message (Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation.)

Do you know how I can fix it?

TNX and 73 de EB1ESK.
06-03-2020, 12:48 PM,
Bug  RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian
Unfortunately, I do not know the solution. This long-term problem persists from the first versions of Windows-Swisslog. Some bug in Wine ...

I solved it in Windows (virtual) - create a new QTH, copy mdb back to Wine. Editing the QTH in Wine worked fine.

Josef
07-03-2020, 07:35 PM,
(06-03-2020, 12:48 PM)OK1DTM Wrote: Unfortunately, I do not know the solution. This long-term problem persists from the first versions of Windows-Swisslog. Some bug in Wine ...

I solved it in Windows (virtual) - create a new QTH, copy mdb back to Wine. Editing the QTH in Wine worked fine.

Josef
Problem solved with this answer

Thanks for everything Josef

73 de EB1ESK
19-09-2020, 11:05 PM,
Good night. I am a user of Ubuntu 20.04 and just arrived at Swisslog 5.100d. I've been testing it on Windows for days and its potential has blown me away.
Now I have followed the instructions to install it in Ubuntu using Wine, but there is no way. I get the error: "Error OLE80004001" and it closes when I press the accept button of the message.
I have followed the instructions in this thread, including the one from the libraries, but there is no way.