Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program Crashes
06-10-2018, 07:26 PM,
RE: Program Crashes
Ciao Jordi,

as always your support is amazing.
I had some time to test deeply my issue.
With 5.97.. everything run fine without modifying any FW rule.
With 5.98b and AFTERT including OMNIRIG.exe file into the exception list, Swisslog run for more than 4 days without any issue !
I then changed from Omni-rig to DXcommander and Swisslog crash (at least I see a pop-up window). I didn't included dxcommnander in to my FW settings.
I'm back with omnirig but I will extensively test your patch.

No worries Jordi. As soon as you are ready to release the new version, I will test it.

Muchas Gracias.
73 de HB9DHG
07-10-2018, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 04:47 PM by hb9dhg.)
Ciao Jordi

I tested the new SWISSLOG.EXE but without adding each program (omnirig / dxcommander) to the exception list of the internal FW,
the program crashes. Reinstalling version 5.97, everything is fine.
I can live with that situation (I have added both program to the internal FW settings) and patiently wait any fix to test in the new version.

Keep up your excellent work

73 de HB9DHG Fulvio

PS: I'm still having problem with LOTW (upload status sill not change) but for that I will do some more checks and in the case I will open another thread.
08-10-2018, 07:30 AM,
Hi Fulvio,

It's very important to force running Omnirig/Dx Lab Commander/Swisslog as administrator (mouse right click on every EXE > Properties > Compatibility then check Run as administrator). Otherwise you may get violation errors or unexpected behaviours. I'm working in 5.98c which I'm planned to release this month. Could you send me a screenshot of your Swisslog desktop? I want to see which function you have open.

Regarding LoTW please read this thread:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=500

Install latest TQSL and review your certificate password and station location associations.

If you need it I can check via Teamviewer.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
08-10-2018, 09:36 PM,
(08-10-2018, 07:30 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Fulvio,

It's very important to force running Omnirig/Dx Lab Commander/Swisslog as administrator (mouse right click on every EXE > Properties > Compatibility then check Run as administrator). Otherwise you may get violation errors or unexpected behaviours. I'm working in 5.98c which I'm planned to release this month. Could you send me a screenshot of your Swisslog desktop? I want to see which function you have open.

Regarding LoTW please read this thread:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=500

Install latest TQSL and review your certificate password and station location associations.

If you need it I can check via Teamviewer.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

I already configured Omnirig to run as admin. For DX Lab Commander, the program renames the filename each time there is an update. 
I don't think this is a nice solution but I will also give it a try. I'll patiently wait version 5.98c to test it.
In regards of LOTW, I have checked everything, re-installed the latest version of TQSL
I will keep you posted for a possible TV session.

I have attached my screenshot.

73 de HB9DHG

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

11-10-2018, 06:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2018, 07:56 PM by hb9dhg.)
Hi Jordi

a short feedback after few days.
By configuring DXLab Commander into the FW, Swisslog 5.98b is working and had no crash (all programs configured to run as admin).
I have switched to 5.97, removed all the FW exceptions and it is also ok.
Now I have reverted all the changes again in the FW and run 5.98b. I will wait the new version but for now I'm ok with that situation.

Keep up the good support.
73 HB9DHG Fulvio