Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The SWISSLOG database does not exist
03-11-2018, 08:00 PM,
The SWISSLOG database does not exist
It looks like I seriously messed up.  I'm used to using a Mac so I think not using the Uninstall function messed this up.

During set up I made an entry error, couldn't go back and thought I'd start over. I deleted everything or thought I did.
Doing a reinstall I get the database does not exist message. Finding the uninstall.exe in the Swisslog program file I click on that and get a second error message.

Invalid start mode: archive filename.

Is there a way for me to fix this?  I tried the Microsoft Install and Uninstall troubleshooting program but didn't have any luck when I searched under trying to uninstall. It did not find Swisslog.
03-11-2018, 08:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2018, 08:42 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: The SWISSLOG database does not exist
Hi,

I suppose you are using Fusion as virtual machine software in your Mac to emulate the Windows environment. I have used it sometimes with no problems and uninstall should work as expected.

However, the installer, apart from copying the required files to the C:\Swisslog folder (or the one user has selected) only adds a couple of keys in the windows registry: one with the version number and other with the Swisslog installation folder. Both keys are used by the installer to check if a previous version is installed and where. You can delete manually the Swisslog folder and subfolders and install again. Swisslog installer will detect as if it's previously installed and will install in the same folder as the previous version. But no other files are copied in other folders so you shouldn't have any issues. If you want to make a really fresh installation, you can manually delete both registry keys by searching the word "Swisslog" in REGEDIT (the windows registry editor).

If you still have problems I could check via Teamviewer what's happening but I guess a virtual machine problem. I have installed Swisslog in a Mac machine sometimes but always using VM Fusion with no problems at all.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-11-2018, 01:11 AM,
RE: The SWISSLOG database does not exist
Thank you Jordi,

I was actually doing this on a PC and forget where I had messed up. Since my post I searched again online and found a way to completely remove my first install that I had only partially deleted. New install was successful.

That's tempting to also install on my Mac but I picked up this PC just for ham use, contesting and logging. The award tracking looks good too. I'm looking forward to getting to use this. Thank you for your help.