Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erroneous import of <OPERATOR> field from ADI
08-11-2018, 03:10 PM,
Erroneous import of <OPERATOR> field from ADI
I have encountered a problem when importing an ADIF file (e.g. from WSJT-X, JTAlert-X or N1MM+ with the <OPERATOR> field in it. It seems that the operator callsign (e.g. JW6VDA) has overwritten the operator name of the partner station, see the attached screenshot. (I doubt that K3MRK's name is JW6VDA). This must be unintended, and I will stop importing until this is fixed. Hopefully this is not a big matter.

73 de Tom 6VDA

Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
08-11-2018, 07:58 PM,
RE: Erroneous import of <OPERATOR> field from ADI
Hi Tom,

Yes, you are right. This bug will be corrected in 5.98d. At first start up of the new version, Swisslog will read all your callsigns from all your MyQTHs and will delete them if found in the L_OPERATOR and C_OP_NAME fields.

If you want to assign the operator name from your selected callbook database in all your QSOs having the operator field blank, please follow these instructions (do it better after installing the new version):

1- Open a logbook view having the Operator field (all queries in the Logbook folder include this field)
2- Open the autofilter from the Operator field and select "Blanks". Now the logbook view will contain all QSOS with no operator content.
3- Mouse right click en select "Update QSOs with Data from Country Table and/or Callbook CD / internet Databases" > Refresh all Qsos
4- In the right section check "First Name", "Middle Name" (also check "replace existing value") and "Family name"
5- Press the "Refresh Qso" button

Now Swisslog will read all filtered QSOs in sequence in your selected callbook database and if callsign is found will set the right name.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog