Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error when using logging via UDP
06-01-2019, 05:54 PM,
Photo  Error when using logging via UDP
Hi,

I use MSHV to log my QSO's via UDP but sometimes I run into an error :

[Image: shot_190106_164256.png]

Sometimes I also see an error "Fatal error: QSO window not .." (can't remember any more)

Strangely enough the qso is added to database.

I'm running the latest version of swisslog on windows10 (latest update), also it doesn't matter if it is run as admin or not.

-antoon/pa3bwe
07-01-2019, 12:26 PM,
RE: Error when using logging via UDP
Hello Antoon,

I have tested with latest version of MHSV (32 and 64 bits versions) and it's working perfectly. Because the communication is performed via UDP, in order to avoid your antivirus and firewall may interfere in the communication, you have to add an exception to Swisslog and MHSV in your firewall and antivirus to allow all incoming/outgoing communications. You should have any problems.

Please also replace the EXE of Swisslog by the latest Beta which corrects some known bugs:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
07-01-2019, 09:04 PM,
Hi Jordi,

I've done what you told me to do: added a firewall rule and antivirus rule but still problem exists, I also installed the latest swiss sw.

73's antoon/pa3bwe
08-01-2019, 02:20 AM,
Hi Antoon,

I'm unable to reproduce here this issue. Which transceiver control are you using in Swisslog and in MHSV?

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
08-01-2019, 04:16 PM,
(08-01-2019, 02:20 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Antoon,

I'm unable to reproduce here this issue. Which transceiver control are you using in Swisslog and in MHSV?

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

I do not use transciever control.

-antoon
08-01-2019, 04:57 PM,
Hi Antoon,

Force running MHSV and Swisslog always as administrator to ensure both programs are using all the system resources without limitations. Here is working well and I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Please keep me in touch if you find out something that can help me to try to reproduce the same snenario here. You can send me a whatsapp to my phone +34 656409020 to arrange a Teamviewer session to check online what may happen. This would help me to find out what's could be the source of this strange issue.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV