Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List capacity out bounds (148291876)
02-02-2019, 08:34 PM,
List capacity out bounds (148291876)
Good evening, got today a problem when I try to open any log view or for example trying to open Register QSL Card fro menu.

It keeps waiting for quite a while and then pops this error message "List capacity out bounds (148291876)"

What should I look for to fix it ?

Regards

Jukka, OH3OJ
02-02-2019, 09:54 PM,
RE: List capacity out bounds (148291876)
Hi Jukka,

Is this happening in all logbook views? Are you using latest version 5.99? If still having the same issue send me your database and I will check tomorrow evening when I get home.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
03-02-2019, 10:09 AM,
RE: List capacity out bounds (148291876) - SOLVED
Good morning Jordi, found the reason.

The problem was the drivers for Canon IP4950, after removing them all as per usual.

As nothing was changed in SWL I started to eliminate other installations in last days and this driver was the only on - could not believe that it caused the problem.

This Canon I use normally connected to old laptop (XP) as backup printer to laser. Now have been printing all 2018 QSLs (abt. 130 000 cards) and used this old trusty QSL printer also and installed it to my "main frame". By the way by far the best printer and and fastest printer there is (or have found) for QSL filling. Unfortunately old model and as far as I know not continued series (just a color printer so not the multifunction ones which have been the trend).

Case someone has same type problem one day surfacing the new installed device drivers might be worth to check also.

73's de Jukka, OH3OJ
04-02-2019, 09:11 AM,
Hello Jukka,

Really bizarre thing! If you are using another computer to print QSLs, it's very important you also use the latest version of Swisslog with the same database on this laptop. Many database changes have been made in the latest versions (new fields, rebuild of the QSO query, etc). So I really guess is something related to this than the printer driver. However, if it's working now then... perfect!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-02-2019, 12:18 PM,
Hello, yes I use same database in two (desk one and laptop) computers, but both I update always when new version comes.

In this desk computer I actually used QSL marking before during last week before I had installed the driver and worked as per usual, but no more after drivers.

I had it also before in WIN7 (laptop) which used to be my main ham computer. I taught that time it was BV7 program, but that time also it was the driver for Canon IP series. 

Usually I have BV7 in my portable dedicated laptop (old trusty Lenovo T-series WFF and IOTA activations) for printing out the cards (XP), but in that one is no SWL just N1MM.

At least I now will stay in printing from that one when Canon IP4950 is used and there will not change for conflicts. With Epson AL-300M lase which I also use there is no problems what so ever in these issues.

It's unbelievable but something which has occurred.

Thanks / regards and hope to see many of you in CQ WPX RTTY coming up.

Jukka