Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Issues Running Swisslog
02-02-2019, 06:47 AM,
Major Issues Running Swisslog
Good Evening,
Last evening I installed Swisslog.
It was using a huge amount of system memory and at times the logger just didn't respond to anything.
I contacted Jordi and he said to have an exception within Windows Defender.
I did that and it makes no difference at all.
I even started getting a huge amount of error messages saying system resources have been exceeded.
I had to go into task manager and just kill the program.
I am using an expert MB1 and I don't have these problems when I use N1MM Plus logger.
HELP!!!
Mark Griffin, KB3Z
02-02-2019, 11:06 AM,
RE: Major Issues Running Swisslog
Hello Mark,

Please replace the EXE by this one and test:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Let me know the results.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
22-02-2019, 01:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-02-2019, 01:43 PM by OK1VP.)
(02-02-2019, 06:47 AM)kb3z Wrote: Good Evening,
Last evening I installed Swisslog.
It was using a huge amount of system memory and at times the logger just didn't respond to anything.
I contacted Jordi and he said to have an exception within Windows Defender.
I did that and it makes no difference at all.
I even started getting a huge amount of error messages saying system resources have been exceeded.
I had to go into task manager and just kill the program.
I am using an expert MB1 and I don't have these problems when I use N1MM Plus logger.
HELP!!!
Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Good afternoon both

I have the same experience. I used Swisslog in my old PC with Windows XP without big problems. Now I changed  PC running  Windows 8.1 – I did new installation of SW but Swisslog is still  unexpectedly freezes without reason. It is wrong  cooperating with WSJT SW. This is a pity because in my opinion it is best SW ever.

Vilem
OK1VP
22-02-2019, 02:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-02-2019, 02:16 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Vilem,

If you use Windows 8 it's VERY important that you force running all amateur radio programs as administrator! Otherwise you will have unexpected problems because the regular windows user doesn't have full administrator rights.

Perform the following in all your ham radio programs icons or program EXE (including Swisslog and WSJT-X):

- Right click then select Properties > Compatibility > Check the Run as administrator checkbox
- I also recommed to add exceptions in your antivirus and firewall to Swisslog and all other han radio programs. Some antivirus tend to look out too much programs like Swisslog than uses lot of external connections via TCP, UDP, DDE, etc and block the regular functioning. That's the reasons of freezings! Please read this post: https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=252

I use Windows 10 64 bits with WSJT-X, OmniRig and all the Swislsog features without any problems at all! But it's very important users know all this about current Windows versions because it's a common problem and it has nothing to do with Swisslog.

In case you still get problems (if you follow the above indications I'm sure it will work perfectly) please send me a whatsapp message to arrange a remote Teamviewer session (+34656409020). Also make sure you replace the EXE of the current version (5.99) by this one:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

I have corrected some important bugs here which will be implemented in 5.99a. Meantime replace the EXE by this one.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
22-02-2019, 11:04 PM,
(22-02-2019, 02:14 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Jordi,

thank you for your advice. It seems that it is working well with new exe file. Now I am "on the air" to test it.

Best 73
Vilem OK1VP
24-02-2019, 08:58 AM,
Tnx Jordi - same problem solved with Beta version..

Tnx 73
Franco FQH