Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with QSO End Time
03-05-2019, 02:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 02:46 PM by py1fr.)
Problem with QSO End Time
Since April 14 the QSO end time saved in my Log is completely different from the UTC or local time. The start time is ok.
How do I solve this?
73!

Fernando Rodrigues
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
PY1FR
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
04-05-2019, 12:37 PM,
RE: Problem with QSO End Time
(03-05-2019, 02:44 PM)py1fr Wrote: Since April 14 the QSO end time saved in my Log is completely different from the UTC or local time. The start time is ok.
How do I solve this?
73!

Fernando Rodrigues
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
PY1FR

Hello Fernando

i have same problem here. end time is not okey, i try change setup on entry qso, option ... but any setup the
end time is wrong.
i don´t know if problem is on suisslog or suisslog with windows region.
wait some answer from Jordi

PY5HOT Mike
04-05-2019, 12:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 01:38 PM by EI4KF.)
Mike has a picture to show an example of the problem:

Click to enlarge. As you can see, the end time is not a round number of hours out so it is very strange. Real-time logging is enabled.

It happens only with logging from JTDX, not with manual logging which is ok. I cannot reproduce it using JTDX here.

Erik
04-05-2019, 03:56 PM,
Hi!
The problem occurs using TCP (only JTDX), as Digital Modes Interface. When I use UDP the End Time is correct.

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
04-05-2019, 04:06 PM,
Hello,

I have reviewed all my QSOs logged from JTDX and I have no problem in the QSO End Time. When logging from WSJT-X/JTDX, QSO Start / End Time are sent by WSJT-X / JTDX (real time is disabled temporally just before saving the QSO to allow WSJT-X / JTDX to set the QSO Start / End Time). You can see this clearly because the yellow background of the QSO Date /Time fields become white for a short time while saving from WSJT-X then become yellow again after saving (this happens if you have realtime logging enabled in Swisslog). Please review these QSOs in the WSJT-X ADI Log to see if QSO Times are correctly saved there, but I'm unabled to reproduce this issue here.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-05-2019, 07:49 PM,
Hi Many thanks for your report.
The wsjt-x adif log times is correct.
As I said, the problem occurs only in TCP mode, with JTDX.

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
04-05-2019, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 08:36 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi all,

Yes you are right! The TCP link don't send the QSO End time so I need to set it equal to the Start Time to avoid this issue. I have just uploaded a Beta correcting this, simply download and replace the EXE:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

However I highly recommend you to use the UDP link because it offers much more possibilities than the TCP link.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
04-05-2019, 09:10 PM,
Hi Jordi!
Many thanks!
73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
10-06-2019, 05:48 PM,
Hi Jordy,
Back into Ham Radio after nearly a year of silence, uploaded last Swisslog ( 5.99b ) and JTDX ( v2.0.1-rc137_3) versions and noticed that Start time and End time are the same. So I replaced the EXE file as written above : still the same behaviour ….
I checked old digital QSO's in Swisslog ( previous version ) : Start time and End Time were correct and different .
Does'it come from Swisslog or JTDX ? Should I return back to an older version ?

Any advice ?

73 de Patrice F5PEQ
12-06-2019, 01:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2019, 01:07 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Patrice,

If you use the TCP link between Swisslog and JTDX, End Time is set to Start Time because JTDX is not sending the End Time. I highly recommend you to use the UDP link where End Time is sent and you get other benefits. Please read the Digital modes interface > WSJT-X / JTDX operation in the Swisslog help.

Reinstall 5.99b. The beta explained in this thread is older than 5.99b.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV