Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with QSO End Time
14-06-2019, 11:59 AM,
RE: Problem with QSO End Time
(12-06-2019, 01:04 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Patrice,

If you use the TCP link between Swisslog and JTDX, End Time is set to Start Time because JTDX is not sending the End Time. I highly recommend you to use the UDP link where End Time is sent and you get other benefits. Please read the Digital modes interface > WSJT-X / JTDX operation in the Swisslog help.

Reinstall 5.99b. The beta explained in this thread is older than 5.99b.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

My settings are as described in your documentation. I noticed that , if I log a QSO from JTDX to Swisslog, it is still logged with the same Start and End Time. But an empty  QSO Entry window pops up filled only with the right Start and End time which correspond to my QSO.

So what am I doing wrong ???

73 !
16-06-2019, 03:18 AM,
First of all, which link method are you using? TCP or UDP? Please make sure you have not checked the option to enable the TCP server in JTDX if you use the UDP link! You have to use only one link method. If the End QSO time is equal to the Start time you are using the TCP method, which only sends the QSO data after pressing the Log QSO. This method "doesn't sebd the End Time" that's the reason I set it the same as the Start Time. The UDP method sends perfectlyboth Start and End time.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
16-06-2019, 10:44 AM,
(16-06-2019, 03:18 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: First of all, which link method are you using? TCP or UDP? Please make sure you have not checked the option to enable the TCP server in JTDX if you use the UDP link! You have to use only one link method. If the End QSO time is equal to the Start time you are using the TCP method, which only sends the QSO data after pressing the Log QSO. This method "doesn't sebd the End Time" that's the reason I set it the same as the Start Time. The UDP method sends perfectlyboth Start  and End time.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

in Swisslog/ options/ digital modes - interface / WSJT-X / JTDX / JS8CALL /  I've forgotten to check UDP ...
Now, Start and End time are correctly logged. Only a window pops up in JTDX " TCP QSO data transfer : Socket operation timed out " ...
That's a minor problem.

73 de Patrice
18-06-2019, 01:17 PM,
Hi Patrice,

This problem is because you have also enabled the logging through TCP in the JTDX options. You can't use both links!! Disable the TCP logging from the JTDX options.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog