Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printer Giving a protection Fault with printing
18-08-2019, 10:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-08-2019, 10:51 PM by NT8N.)
Printer Giving a protection Fault with printing
I have an HP 4655 and when I try to change the setting after entering QSL print page, I get a protection fault.  I have to uninstall the printer drivers and reinstall them.
I am using windows 10  Nothing else makes this happen.  I was using Log40OM with no problems.
Thanks
NT8N
19-08-2019, 11:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-08-2019, 11:20 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Printer Giving a protection Fault with printing
Hello,

After reinstalling printers drivers is all running fine now? If still having problems force running Swisslog as administrator (mouse right click in the program icon, Properties>Compatibility> Check "Run as administrator" checkbox>Apply then Ok.

Following our e-mail exchange I will try to create a new report wih 3 QSL Cards on a entire page. I will try to do it today or tomorrow.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
19-08-2019, 02:56 PM,
(19-08-2019, 11:19 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

After reinstalling printers drivers is all running fine now? If still having problems force running Swisslog as administrator (mouse right click in the program icon, Properties>Compatibility> Check "Run as administrator" checkbox>Apply then Ok.

Following our e-mail exchange I will try to create a new report wih 3 QSL Cards on a entire page. I will try to do it today or tomorrow.

Best 73
Yes it’s working fine now,  took me most of day had to remove all printer drivers. I run Swisslog as admin every time it runs.  
Why 3 cards per page?  Can you do a single 4x5 on page.  I want to print a single 4x5 on 5x7 photo paper. 
 Thanks. NT8N
20-08-2019, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 20-08-2019, 02:06 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

I thought you wanted more QSL cards in a entire page. Then simply edit the QSL Card format, press the setup button and change the Paper Size from A4 to Custom. Set the size you want (5x7). Keep in mind that some printers doesn't allow to print in custom paper sizes. It's a matter of try and check but it's very important your printer accepts the 5x7 paper size otherwise your printer may complain.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
26-08-2019, 02:44 AM,
That’s my problem.   I did this and the printer messed up.   My printer does prints 5x7 4x5 etc I print these photos all the time.  It only when I print from Swisslog that this happens.  
When I go into printer settings out of Swisslog the printer crashes 

Thanks NT8N
26-08-2019, 11:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 26-08-2019, 11:34 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

I have modified the QSL card report for 5x7. Please unzip and copy the attached file into the REPORTs / QSL CARDS folder. Try and let me know.

Best 73

Attached Files
.zip   Color QSL Card for Lighthouse 5x7.zip (Size: 911,58 KB / Downloads: 2)
Jordi, EA3GCV
26-08-2019, 02:48 PM,
No luck.  It printed but was the wrong orientation.  so I opened the printer dialog box to change it and it would not open.  had to close Swisslog and restart.  now printer will not print anything in color   I will have to uninstall the printer and drivers.  use Ccleaner to remover the drivers and reinstall to get it to print correctly again.
Randy NT8N
26-08-2019, 07:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 26-08-2019, 07:59 PM by EA3GCV.)
You have to change the orientation NOT in the printer dialog but in the report setup. Edit the report, press Setup and change orientation from Landscape to Portrait and try again. Save and try.

Do not remove and change your printer drivers! Printer is working well, it's a matter of finding he proper solution to make this report working with your printer but don't touch your printer drivers.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
26-08-2019, 08:52 PM,
(26-08-2019, 07:55 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: You have to change the orientation NOT in the printer dialog but in the report setup. Edit the report, press Setup and change orientation from Landscape to Portrait and try again. Save and try.

Do not remove and change your printer drivers! Printer is working well, it's a matter of finding he proper solution to make this report working with your printer but don't touch your printer drivers.

Best 73
I understand what you are saying but Swisslog is corrupting the driver settings some how. 
After the program crashes I can quit all programs and reboot the computer. And non of my software will print in color. I set everything up as before to print color photos and still black and white. So I must delete the drivers and reinstall to get my photos to print in color. 
NT8N
27-08-2019, 01:27 PM,
I don't understand why this happens really... I think the best way to use this custom paper size would be to do the following:

- Install a free PDF printer such as BullZip http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php or PDF Creator https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator. This will install a new printer in Windows to create PDF documents to be used by any software
- In Swislsog go to File / Print setup and select this new PDF printer
- Edit the report as explained to fit paper size to 5x7 and print. This will create a PDF document with the customised size.
- Open the PDF file and print with your default PDF viewer.

This should work.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV