Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telnet Control Window error.
10-09-2019, 08:41 PM,
Telnet Control Window error.
Hi Jordi,

I have a strange issue with my SwissLog.

It was working absolutely fine up until this afternoon - but now - when I come to access the Telnet Control Window and manually starting the spot downloads by selecting the single little lightning strike icon - I get an error window cycling forever - cannot close Swisslog - and have to use Task Manager to shut it down.

I have attached a screen grab of the error. I have rebooted the PC - reinstalled Swisslog - and it runs up 100% and works OK. But - as soon as I select the little single lightning strike icon - the error pops up immediately and keeps going until I shut down SwissLog using Task Manager.

I did a full dskchk on my C drive - no errors reported.

Any ideas what might be causing this ??

Regards,

Richard G4UGB
10-09-2019, 09:09 PM,
RE: Telnet Control Window error.
Hi Richard,

There is no screenshot attached here. It's really strange because you can manually select any Telnet server and connect to it manually by pressing the Connect button (the one with the single lightning). You can also edit the Telnet server, check "Start automatically" and it will connect in the background automatically when starting Swisslog (no need to keep open the Telnet Control Window). Add an exception to Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
10-09-2019, 09:23 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Thank you. But SwissLog is already exempted from the Firewall - I never changed any Firewall settings - this just happened this afternoon.

I did attach a small jpg screen shot of the error - a box keeps reappearing every couple of seconds and in it - it says 'Access Violation at address 00479C32 in module 'SwissIV5.exe' Read of address 00000180' and I cannot stop it happening unless I use Task Manager to shut down SwissLog.

I have not a clue why this just started to happen out of the blue today because - I have changed nothing at all.

Thanks and regards,

Richard G4UGB
12-09-2019, 12:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 12:58 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Richard,

Maybe the Telnetservers.bin file is corrupted. Delete this file and rename the Telnetservers_orig.bin to Telnetservers.bin. You will have to configure again the servers you want to start automatically.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
12-09-2019, 03:11 AM,
Hello Jordi,

Thank you for that - but unfortunately - it still came up with the same error window,

I really do not know what is causing this. I disabled the Firewall and tried it - but it made no difference - same error.

I did reinstall SwissLog over the top of the existing Swisslog - but that made no difference either - same error.

Maybe I should completely uninstall and start afresh but I'm a little concerned about loosing my log and completely messing it up !!!

The strange thing is as well - the DX Spot window does actually populate slowly if I don't attempt to manually update it by trying the 'show DX' option.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Richard
13-09-2019, 01:46 AM,
Hello Richard,

It's all very strange... Try to do this:

- Rename the file SwisslV5.ini to SwisslV5_old.ini
- Start Swisslog. You will have to setup everything again, register Swisslog with your callsign, and design your desktop.

Let me know if this solves this issue.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
13-09-2019, 10:40 AM,
Hello Jordi,

Many thanks again for taking the time to think about my SwissLog issues.

I'm away from the shack just now - when I get back - I'll try what you suggested and get back to you.

Many thanks again.

73 de Richard G4UGB
26-09-2019, 01:00 AM,
Hello Jordi,

Just back home and tried your recommended fix of deleting the ini file and starting again with setting SwissLog up.

It worked !!! The Telnet error has now disappeared and everything is back to normal.

Thank you very much (again !!)

73 de Richard G4UGB
26-09-2019, 09:38 PM,
Hello Richard,

Perfect! For some reason your INI file got corrupted... It's good to save a copy of this file for restore it in case of problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV