Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parallel usage on multiple PCs
03-10-2019, 12:26 PM,
Parallel usage on multiple PCs
Dear Community,

I'm currently struggeling the situation where I want to use the same SwissLog Database on two PC's (one desktop in my shag, one notebook for mobile purposses).
Did anyone find a convenient way to realise this?
Always exporting and importing the data is not a very good way.

de
DG6NFG
03-10-2019, 05:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 05:59 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Parallel usage on multiple PCs
Hello,

The best way to use Swisslog in 2 (or more) computers (not at once, this CAN'T be done) is the following:

- Install Swisslog in all computers in the same folder (by default is C:\Swisslog)
- From the main computer having the most updated QSOs and all configured, copy the whole Swisslog folder and all its subfolder into a pen drive or external drive.
- Now copy the Swisslog folder from your pen drive into all other computers (remember to install first Swisslog in the same folder as in the main PC!) overwriting all folders and files
- When opening Swisslog in the other computer you will have the same QSOs and setup. If the other computer is using a different screen resolution you may have to fit again your Swisslog desktop.

Once you have done this for the first time, you only have to copy the database from the computer having the most updated QSOs (the file SWLOG_V5.MDB located in the DB folder) and copy it in the other computers. From now on you only have to copy the database from the QSOs having the most updated QSOS to the other computers. You can also copy again the whole Swislsog folder, but if you have different screen resolutions you will have to fit again all your windows. Of course, you can save your different desktops in Options / Save desktop and keep a copy of your different Swisslog desktops perfectly saved (i.e. MAin PC desktop, laptop desktop etc). This way you will only have to restore your desktop according the computer you are using. This would be the easiest way because you only have to copy the whole Swisslog folder from one Pc into another.

If you use any Cloud like Dropbox, Mega etc you can do the following:

- Copy the Swisslog database (SWLOG_V5.MDB) in the shared folder of your cloud.  Install the Cloud synch program. In Swislsog go to File / Open logbook and select the SWLOG_V5 from the new folder. Do this in all your computers.
- Once you have finish your radio session in the computer having the most updated QSOS, make sure you have your Cloud sync program active and running, and ensure that a full synch has been made before turning your PC off.
- When opening your other computers, make sure yo perform a full Cloud synch before opening Swisslog (just to make sure the database and other files in your share cluod folder have been updated).
- Now open Swisslog and you will have the same QSOs and in the main computer.

That's all! You have several ways to keep all your Swisslog copies fully synchronised in as many computers as you like.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
22-10-2019, 09:38 PM,
RE: Parallel usage on multiple PCs
OK thanks!
I'll give this a try ...