Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eQSL upload & QSL Action
11-10-2019, 09:01 PM,
RE: eQSL upload & QSL Action
Thanks for reply, Jordi.

I appreciate what you are saying about people that aren't currently members of eQSL might become so in the future and you might get the 'nice surprise' of a long forgotten QSO being confirmed.

As an SWL when I submit a QSL to eQSL I try to include at least details of the other station(s) I heard the partner working to 'prove' I heard them. For lots of my old logs, especially from earlier this year when I first started SWL and logging stations I often have no detail of the other station or I only heard them calling "CQ DX". The chances of my QSL being acknowledged in those cases is very slim.

Often special event stations, club stations and contest stations aren't members of eQSL and say they won't accept eQSL. Often when I look at user profiles on eSQL you see the person hasn't logged on for many years (sometime 5 or more) and has 1000's or 10000's of eQSL waiting. Again it seems highly unlikely that even if they started using eQSL again they would bother to go through all the QSL manually and check/verify my SWL report.

It seems counterproductive to submit a QSL to a station when there is realistically no chance of a response. It just fills my outbox, their inbox and the eQSL servers with messages that will never be processed.

it would be nice to have a new eQSL status of 'Ignored' (or similar) so the sync logic would be:
status = <blank> to be uploaded
status = "Ignored" not be included in upload processing
status = "Uploaded" successfully submitted to eQSL
status = "Confirmed" | "Rejected" QSL accepted (or rejected) by recipient.

Setting the status to "Uploaded" when it hasn't been to 'fool' the sync process seems likely to cause confusion. Would it break the eQSL synchronisation/upload process if a "Ignored" value was added to the status list of values?

For now, perhaps my best cause of action is to manually add the reports I want to submit to eQSL directly then import from my eQSL outbox to Swisslog via ADIF then just use the sync to get confirmations.

Messages In This Thread
eQSL upload & QSL Action - by MA3212SWL - 10-10-2019, 11:03 AM
RE: eQSL upload & QSL Action - by EA3GCV - 10-10-2019, 04:22 PM
RE: eQSL upload & QSL Action - by MA3212SWL - 11-10-2019, 09:01 PM
RE: eQSL upload & QSL Action - by EA3GCV - 12-10-2019, 02:35 AM
RE: eQSL upload & QSL Action - by MA3212SWL - 12-10-2019, 12:19 PM