Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porting over from DXKeeper??
01-01-2020, 11:42 PM,
Porting over from DXKeeper??
Hi All.,
Can anyone help please?? I am not very good with computers / databases, and I am trying to work out how to import my logbook (currently using DXKeeper), however, it is asking me for modes and DXKeeper app values etc.
I just wish to try a different logbook with different views.

Best Wishes

Brian G0VAX
02-01-2020, 12:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 12:58 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Porting over from DXKeeper??
Hi Brian,

You can just ignore all APP fields. Swisslog recognises all standard ADIF fields and assign them automatically. However it stops and asks to assign all APP_APPLICATIONNAME field to a Swisslog field, because are customised fields. By default, the assignment is ignored (you will see the dollar symbol $ on the right of the field meaning "ignore"). When asked for this simply press OK and the import process will continue. All important QSO data will be imported correctly.

When asked for a mode, select the DXKeeper mode then try to find the mode in the right list, select it then press the Insert button. You will see it clearly in the Swisslog help, just read the chapter IMPORT QSO > Field Assignment Dialog > Assignments of the fields then go down a little bit in order to find the "Mode assignment" section. It's a very short text with a screenshot so you will understand better.

Swisslog recognises all ADIF modes so let me know which mode is not recognised and I will tell you the right mode to select on the right side.

If you are still in trouble don't hesitate to contact me here or directly to support@swisslogforwindows.com. Screenshots are very helpful to me to understand!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog