Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QSL CARD PRINTING
05-01-2020, 12:10 PM,
QSL CARD PRINTING
Now I have managed to get my printer to print from Swisslog, here is the next problem.

I am trying to print the QSL Card example "QSL-Card for more than QSO.rpt" onto a 5.5" x 3.5" card.

However It will only print on an A4 sheet, as is shown in the properties for the printer.

Can someone tell me what to change to get the card to print on the small card?

I want to design my own card but if the samples wont print properly I may be wasting my time.

Thanks in advance

Ian G4GIR
05-01-2020, 02:12 PM,
RE: QSL CARD PRINTING
Hello Ian,

First of all you have to make sure your printer allow to print in customised paper sizes. Not all printers allow this! In the QSL Cards folder you have many samples, all of them normally based to print on a A4 paper. However try this:

QSL 9x14 Example 2.rpt

This is based to print on Custom Paper Size of 5.5" x 2.95" . If this is working to you, edit the "QSL-Card for more than 1 QSO", enter report Setup and adapt the Paper Size to fit your custom paper. You will probably have to play a little bit with margins and do some print outs before you get your report working.

I suggest you to read this thread also:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=222

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
05-01-2020, 06:00 PM,
(05-01-2020, 02:12 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Thanks for the reply Jordi.
Yes the printer does allow customized paper sizing

Before I tried printing the example QSL 9x14 Example 2.rpt I re booted the Laptop and printer.

Then selected 1 QSO from the logbook view to print.
Selected the QSL 9x14 Example 2.rpt
Then VIEW REPORT   ( the QSL card looked fine in the preview window).
Then Printed.

I used an A4 sheet as I didn't want to use any more blank cards.

The printing was approximately 20 times larger than it should be and lots of the text was missing.

I printed it via PDF Creator and all was well.

I had read the thread you mentioned but can't see anything in there to help.

So for now I am still at a loss to get printing good from within Swisslog

Thanks for the help

Ian G4GIR

Hello Ian,

First of all you have to make sure your printer allow to print in customised paper sizes. Not all printers allow this! In the QSL Cards folder you have many samples, all of them normally based to print on a A4 paper. However try this:

QSL 9x14 Example 2.rpt

This is based to print on Custom Paper Size of 5.5" x 2.95" . If this is working to you, edit the "QSL-Card for more than 1 QSO", enter report Setup and adapt the Paper Size to fit your custom paper. You will probably have to play a little bit with margins and do some print outs before you get your report working.

I suggest you to read this thread also:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=222

Best 73
05-01-2020, 10:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 10:32 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Ian,

Yes you are right! Font size is very big when printing in reports defined in Custom sizes. I don't know why this happen! HP printers allow to define custom paper sizes on the printer profile and probably the paper size defined in the Report must match exactly the allowed paper sizes of the printer.

However, you can print directly QSL cards by using reports defined as A4 (like the QSL 9x14 Example 1.rpt or QSL-Card for more than QSO.rpt). I print my 9x14 cm QSL cards using this formatl. I load a pack of 9x14cm QSL cards and althoguh the report is defined as A4 it loads and print well every QSL card. I also have an EPSON printer.

If you print reports defined as custom using PDF Creator, you have more control over the printout when opening the Print dialog in Acrobat. You can match the printout to the source paper size or any other paper sizes. I know that the print dialog of Swisslog doesn't offer all these possibilities and I will investigate if I can add this in a future version. Keep in mind that the compiler of Swisslog is dated on 2001 and I have some limitations. I will search if I can implement a better (and free) print component in the compiler. But setting A4 as paper size in your report, you can print out over a QSL card directly as I do with no problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
05-01-2020, 11:49 PM,
Ok Jordi

Thanks for the information, I will keep trying it must be possible to get it to work ok, if all else fails the PDF creator option will be ok.
I will let you know how
05-01-2020, 11:50 PM,
how I get on, sorry for some reason the reply got sent Hi Hi.

Best 73

Ian G4GIR