Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User defined Awards?
14-02-2020, 01:49 PM,
User defined Awards?
Hi Jorgi,

Would it be possible at some point to include User definable Awards where a database of say Worked All Britain references could be put in a file or downloaded to a file and a window appears for the award on the log input page with a drop down for whats in the file/database??

This is just an idea to perhaps make it more configurable as to what awards a user may wish to track.

Best Wishes

Brian G0VAX
14-02-2020, 10:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-02-2020, 11:05 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: User defined Awards?
Hi Brian,

You can create your own private statistics!  Which award to you want to add? WAB is already included as standard statistic. Enter a G station and you will see the SubRegion field label will change to "WAB Square". Double click on this field to get a list of all WAB Squares where you can search and copy the WAB Square into the field.

Before defining a new private statistic for an award, let me know which award you want to add and I will see if it's of interest to be added as standard statistic to be used by all users.

If you dare to create your own private statistic, it's very important your private statistic doesn't enter in conflict with existing statistics, so take good care to perform a good statistic definition This function is intended for advanced users. Please read carefully the chapter Statistics > Define statistics in the Swisslog help.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
15-02-2020, 11:13 AM,
Hi there,
I personally would like SOTA, US Counties award, DOK Award, Worked All Europe. However, I am sure there are others who would like such as the Holyland Award etc,
Best Wishes,
Brian G0VAX
15-02-2020, 01:17 PM,
Brian. Why don't you just use the statistics window as Jordi has suggested? You can leave them all open on screen if you have the real estate. The statistics are already there. I made one for the old-style WAB areas many years ago when I was inputting my paper logs, before they got rid of the counties element.

Reg
15-02-2020, 10:51 PM,
Hi Brian,

As Reg says, all these statistics are already included in Swisslog! Maybe you have deactivated these statistics accidentally. Go to Options / Active statistics and make sure you all statistics you want are enabled. When you enter any callsign, in the QTH tab of the Add QSO window, you will see that many Diploma fields change their labels to show you the award reference you have to type in there. Double clicking on all diploma fields you will see a list of all references where you can search, copy and even sort listing! If you enter a W station you will that the REGION field will change to STATE to enter the US State. The SubRegion field will change to COUNTY. If you use any Callbook database (highly recommend!!) you can configure Swisslog to automatically fill out the US State and County automatically. I suggest you to subscribe to QRZ. Read the Callbook database support in the Swisslog help.

The same applies for DOK when you enter a DL station, the subRegion field will say: DOK. WAE is automatically filled out so you don't need to do anything. Please read the Statistic / Statistic views chapter in the Swisslog help.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
17-02-2020, 11:32 PM,
Hi there,
I will take a look when I’m home next weekend. Sadly, I’m working away at the moment. Thanks for top tips however!!

Best Wishes
Brian G0VAX